Vampires

AN: Chapter nine folks! Don't forget to comment and vote. ;)

>|<>|<>|<

Edward unfroze first.

"Well," he said, hesitating. "We're vampires."

This time it was me who froze while I processed this information.

They were vampires? What kind of sick world do I live in? I bet they drank human blood and were buttering me up for the feast. I tensed, I had to get out of here at all costs. I won't be killed because of my foolishness.

While these thoughts were running through my mind the Cullen's were eyeing me worriedly.

"Bella," Edward began, placing a cold hand on my arm. I ripped away from him.

"Don't touch me!" I spat.

Stupid, just stupid. Why did I put my trust in them? I should of known better than to trust people.

"Bella," Edward tried again.

I looked up at him and his face was pained. He had no reason to be pained, he was a human drinking vampire after all.

My flight instinct kicked in and I bolted through the Cullen's house toward the door. But before I reached it the Cullens were there, blocking me.

"Bella, please listen," Edward begged, but I was beyond logic.

I did one of my split decisions. I jumped over them, pulling my wings in and then snapping them out. As a part bird teenager, I can easily jump over someone's head and then some.

But before I could reach the ground, cold hands grasped me.

"Shhh, shhh," someone said.

I tried to get past this. Maybe I should have listened to them instead of jumping to conclusions. After all, they never said they drank human blood. I'd never even given them a chance to explain themselves.

"Bella, breathe," someone familiar said. Edward maybe?

I tried doing what they said.

"In, out, in, out. That's it sweetheart. Breathe." I wondered who was talking, but I was pretty sure it was Edward.

I opened my eyes-I hadn't realized I'd closed them-and saw Edward above me.

He smiled.

"Welcome back," he said gently, like he was afraid to set me off again.

"Ugh! I freaked didn't I?" I said.

I remembered when I used to do it when I was younger, and the white coats were going to experiment on me. I'd panic and try to bolt. Of course, I'd never get far

"Pretty much," Edward said and smiled at me.

I smiled back.

Maybe this would work out.