Ambushed

AN: A little on the short side folks. I won't be updating as often for a few reasons.

One, I have school now.

Two, I'm also working on Follow My Feet.

Three, I like reading people's stories just as much as you guys do.

Four, I like playing Skyrim and this consumes hours.

So I'm sorry if I don't update one day, but just know I'll get to it.

>|<>|<>|<

I totally thought we had evaded the erasers. But it turns out that all of us had been wrong. The erasers had merely been laying low, waiting for us to take our guard down before they tried again.

Those were my thoughts as I battled an eraser with gruff blonde hair and beady blood red colored eyes. It all started when we'd safely made it past state lines.

We'd gotten four miles, talking excitedly about how we were finally were out of California, and therefore away from Death Valley.

Emmett had made a crude comment regarding wolves. I'd laughed, because I hated anything wolfy just as much as the Cullens. Well, anything wolfy mixed with human DNA.

Edward had been about to say something back. I could tell because he'd opened his mouth, clearly about to reply, before he'd focused his eyes on the trees and tilted his head. He was still carrying me on his back, so I got the up close version.

He'd hissed one word then. One word that spoke of the horrors to come.

"Erasers!" he hissed.

And then moments later—even though it felt like eternity—they sprang out of the woods, weapons drawn.

I'd fought side by side with Edward until several erasers had managed to separate us. And here I am now, fighting for my life.

The sun would rise in an hour. If we didn't defeat them before then, the erasers would all have to be killed. Why? Because they'd go blab and tell their white coat masters. That is, if they didn't notice the Cullen's rock hard cold skin, speed and strength.

To be honest, I was nervous. I'd get flashes of Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and Edward; but I could never be sure. I had no doubt they were trying to tamper down their vampiric abilities. Otherwise this fight would have been over long ago.

A well of rage overcame me. How dare they! I was that close to my happily ever after, and these boneheads had to come and ruin it. A blast of fire shot out of my hands, hitting the eraser in front of me.

I had never mentioned my mutations, but I had some particularly destructive ones. Mutations were the School's crude way of calling abilities. One of mine was the ability to control fire.

The eraser shrieked and tried to put out the fire. It wouldn't work though, considering I was blasting him with more.

Smirking, I blasted another eraser. I was by no means sadistic, but they attacked us first.

It was such, as distracted as I was with my fight, that I didn't notice the six forms sweeping in from above.

"Need some help?" an unfamiliar female voice said.

I jumped a foot in the air before turning to face the person.

I was in for the shock of my life. It was Maximum Ride, the one and only.

She raised her eyebrow presumably at the look on my face.

"Yea, help would be great," I said with forced enthusiasm. "We're being slaughtered!"

"Good, because I wasn't about to give you a choice," Maximum Ride said and with that her flock charged forward, throwing well placed punches and kicks that told me they knew this batch of erasers. Had even presumably come across these ones before.

Boy was I glad they'd showed up.