Do You Wanna Hang

I was trying to use Apple TV for the first time to watch Defending Jacob, but it wasn't working

Long story short I ended up watching an episode on an illegal website and might have given my phone a virus oops

•••

(CHLOE leads JEREMY upstairs into a bedroom.

Brooke let out a soft, shaky gasp. She didn't want to see this scene again; especially when her and Chloe had just patched things up barely two months prior.

She is clearly drunk. The SQUIP follows behind.)

CHLOE (SPOKEN)
(slightly slurred) Jake's parents room! Don't worry. They're not using it.

"Bitch."

Rich hit Jake's arm. "Ath much ath I agree—"

"Hey!"

Rich ignored Chloe. "We don't dethcribe women that way, Jake."

Jake rolled his eyes.

JEREMY (SPOKEN)
Wow, you really know your way around.

(CHLOE jumps onto the bed.)

CHLOE (SPOKEN)
Yeah, I've had sex in pretty much every room in this house.

(JEREMY gives her a weirded out look.)

Because I dated Jake! God, what kind of slut do you think I am?

"Are there categories?" Jake scoffed.

Rich flicked him in the head.

"Yes," Michael told Jake.

Rich flicked him too.

"Do You Wanna Hang?"

JEREMY (SPOKEN)
...Where's Brooke? You said she had a surprise?

Brooke stiffened and scooted away from Chloe, causing her girlfriend to get a lump in her throat.

CHLOE (SPOKEN)
Ooooooh myyyyyy gaaaaaawd. You are too freaking adorable!

(She goes up to whisper in JEREMY's ear, but...)

PSSST! BROOKE'S NOT COMING!

Jeremy felt awful. It wasn't his fault, sure, but he felt like a complete idiot for following Chloe up into that room in the first place. Seeing Brooke's face made it even worse.

She was clearly trying to hold back tears, and her arms were crossed over her chest as if she was trying to close herself in.

JEREMY (SPOKEN)
She's not? Then why...?

CHLOE
DO YOU WANNA HANG?
DO YOU WANNA HANG?
DO YOU WANNA HANG FOR A BIT?

"I'm just gonna leave for this part," Brooke choked out, getting ready to stand up.

Chloe turned to her sadly. "Do you want me to come with you?"

After a moment of hesitation, Brooke shook her head. "I think I need to be alone for a little."

She went to push herself up, but it felt like there was a weight holding her down.

"What the fuck?"

The Squip laughed, causing everyone to turn around. His arm was pointed towards Brooke with his palm face down as if he was forcing Brooke into her seat.