Chapter 9: The Red Piano and the Ghost

Stella's POV.

"I don't thing your brother's very fond of me," She said as we walked along one of my favorite beaches in Cornwall, UK.

"It's not you. It's our relationship. He doesn't think vampires should be consorting with humans for more than blood or sex," I replied.

She was unusually quiet, looking down at her feet as she walked.

"Don't let it get to you. He'll lighten up eventually." I said with a reassuring smile, lifting her chin up with my hand so she would look at me.

Her eyes were sad. "What do you think will become of us, Stell? When I grow old and you remain young forever. You won't want to be with me then."

"I'll want to be with you forever."

"Then why don't you turn me? Now."

"I don't want this life for you. Maybe some time in the future, but for now you're still young enough to hold on for a couple more years."

She sighed, "I don't want to wait, Stella. I want to be like you. I'm sure of it."

I gave her a sad smile and ran my hand across her cheek, "I know you are, honey, and I know that's the only way we can be together forever, but I'm not ready yet. Let's give it some time."

"If that's what makes you happy then I'll wait," She said, but something about her was off.

She didn't sound like she meant those words, but I had never been able to read her thoughts with Jace's ability, so I just dismissed it. She was a mistery to me. The only human whose head I couldn't get into. But she was a siren, of course, so it must have had something to do with her ability, which for some reason I couldn't figure out either.

I gave her a peck on the lips, "You're what makes me happy."

She chuckled and held me close to deepen the kiss, but a few seconds into the kiss I heard a threatening growl echoing from behind her, so in one quick move, I stepped in between her and the attacker, only to realize that we were surrounded.

I felt her hold on to me from behind. "Wh-what's goin on, Stella?" She said in a shaky voice.

I could feel my senses getting sharper, I was on edge. Suddenly I had hawk-like vision and I knew the irises of my eyes had already turned pitch black, "They're rogues. But stay calm, I'll take care of them. Stay close to me, love."

One of the rogues stepped forward, he was shirtless and in very good shape, probably stuck in his mid-twenties, at the peak of his life.
Rogues were usually like that because the leader of each rebel group would pick the healthiest, most promising humans and offer them eternal life. They usually accepted and what they weren't told was that if they didn't, they'd be turned into a meal.

This particular one had long black hair, a wild look in his eyes, a tattoo of a snake on his arm, and another one that read Anarchy in an elaborate cursive font across his chest. I could tell by his overall body language and the energy that emanated from him that he was a young vampire, a newborn.

He stared at us with a look of pure wild vampire thirst, "Well, what do we have here? Her majesty brought us a tasty little treat. A siren, no more... we couldn't have asked for better."

I snarled ferociously, "Stay away from her."

Another one of them stepped forward. He had gray hair which was almost white, but not like an old man, it had a silky silver hue, and he still looked like a teenage boy. He was also eerily good looking, as if he were a young fallen angel. For some reason, he reminded me of the fictional Lucifer from the Bible, and his body language told me that he was probably the leader, "Why Miss Trueblood, what happened to sharing? We're your comrades, while that there," He gestured toward the girl behind me, "is a filthy little human."