Chapter 23: Seeing Red

A/N: Please re-read the ending to the last chapter before reading this one, it has been updated. Also check out the song I posted when you're almost done reading for the right effect. It's my favorite band!

Happy reading! :)

Here's your finale, guys! Thank you for supporting my work for so long, I really appreciate my readers. Yes, the will be a sequel before you ask. Love you!

Don't forget to comment!

Stella's POV:

"Annabelle Satcher must die."

At a loss for words, I stared at Jace, who finally spoke up, "There's a risk the power could go to her head, Godric," my father widened his eyes at the use of his name by his adopted son, "but we know the girl, she deserves the benefit of the doubt."

Godric's jaw tensed, "Too dangerous."

"And I suppose you're not biased," said I, anger seething inside of me, "because she killed your son. He might have been intent on waging war on another species, but he was still your only biological son. Surely, you cared about him."

The vampire king walked slowly until he was facing me and hunched over to be at eye level with me. He spoke very clearly, "Stella Trueblood, I have given you everything I could. I raised you as my own daughter, I love you as my daughter as well. Dorian was my son, but he didn't turn out to be the person I raised him to be. You two," he rested both his hands on mine and Jace's shoulders, "despite what you have been through, you remain to be good people, and I know you want to see the good in everyone, but I am asking you to trust me on this. The girl is bad news, she poses too much of a threat, and the senate has decided on this."

My eyes watered as I stared at the man I adored for taking me in and filling in the role of my father, and no longer saw him as a hero, "I'm sorry. I know I'll have to make tough decisions when I walk in your shoes, but I'm afraid this time, you'll have to trust me on this."

With that, I stared into his eyes intensely, and felt his brain waves change to those of someone sleeping. Godric fell to his knees and fought with his centuries old vampire strength, but he succumbed to the unconscious.

"I copied Deucalion's power." I said to Jace, "I'm getting Annabelle out of here, and we're going to stay gone until they're no longer looking for us."

"Stella, look, I-"

"You can't come with me, I know. Stay here."

I ran to the file room in my dad's office, and came back with a legal document stipulating that I renounced as heir to the Trueblood throne, leaving Jace Trueblood as next-in-line to be king of the vampire monarchy. I signed it in front of him, and gave it to him, "Please make sure to do things right, and try your best to convince father and the senate that Annabelle is not a threat."

Jace gave me a nod and a sad smile, "Where will you go?"

"It's best if only the two of us know where we're hiding."

Another gentle nod.

I sighed, a tear streaming down my face, "Goodbye brother. You'll always be my hero."

He replied, voice cracking from holding back tears, "And you'll always be my sister whom I love."

He pulled me into a hug, and I cried onto his shoulder. When he let me go, I ran away so fast, it must have seemed to him like I had vanished, even with his vampire vision.

Speeding out into the remnants of our recent battle, I saw Annabelle helping Dylan tend to the wounded, so I grabbed her without warning as fast as I could, and I didn't stop running until I reached the island's airport past the mountains.