Chapter 6: The Difference Between Dreams and Reality

A/N

Hey guys, I'm sorry it's taken me a little longer than usual to upload. I'm still in high school and I have to do school work -.-

...unfortunately.

So yeah I have to be responsible and whatever which gives me less time to do what I like. Which sucks. Cause I could care less about my grades, I know I'm smart.

pffft... stupid colleges only wanting ppl with good grades.

:((( i hate school

BUT do you know what would cheer me up? If you vote or comment on this chapter. Ok fine i'm kidding. Only vote if you like it, but at least give me some feedback :D

I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than the others, but I just had to make this moment a separate chapter. You'll see why...

;)

*trigger warning sexual abuse*

----------------------

Anna's POV.

I wrapped one arm around Stella as I made myself more comfortable on the bed. I was so shaken up by what had happened that day that it took me about an hour to finally calm my thoughts and start to doze off, but then I felt Stella stir, and I sat up, thinking she was awake.

"Stella?" I called out to her but there was no answer, so I lied back down. I couldn't see her very well in the dark, but I could see the outline of her body and feel her chest rising and falling under my arm so I didn't give it much thought, I just figured she must have been moving in her sleep. I was starting to doze off again when she moved again, more brusquely this time.

Suddenly she pushed my arm away and started twisting and turning. Startled, I shook her shoulder gently to wake her, but instead of waking up, she flinched and cried out, "Stop!"

I let her go in shock, but she continued to talk and that's when I realized she was still sleeping.

"Please, don't!" She cried with a broken voice.

I thought she must have been having a nightmare so I tried to wake her, but I couldn't. She kept flinching at my touch like it was hurting her.

"Daddy, please," She said softly, she sounded like a child, and her accent was not American, it sounded more like she was from Europe.

"Daddy, please don't touch me there."

I suddenly got a chill down my spine and gasped as the realization dawned on me. This was not just a nightmare, it was a memory. She was dreaming about her childhood. I couldn't believe it at first because we humans always feel that these kinds of things can't happen to people that are close to us, but deep down inside I had a horrible feeling, and I knew it was true. This had actually happened to her.

"Dad, please stop! It hurts!"

Anger started to rise in me as the realization sunk in. I didn't really have any proof, but I could feel it in my gut, and then my thoughts started racing.

She was raped when she was just a little girl... by her father. How could anyone do that to an innocent child!

Her and Jace, they weren't American, they were just living a lie to hide a painful past. That's why I thought Jace had had a British accent when he was angry at that airbending vampire for not showing himself. I didn't imagine it, he was British, they both were.

Everything suddenly made sense to me; why Jenny had said something bad had happened to Stella in the past, and why she had also said Jace would never do that to me when I actually believed he was a monster capable of something like that.