Chapter 8: The Land of the Free

Stella's POV:

America, the land of the free... Boy, was I hoping that was true. After years of being vampire royalty and having my life planned out for me, an eight hour flight to Los Angeles, California under a different name was as close to freedom as I could possibly get. I was now Tessa Worthington, and was coming to America for spring break with my roommate, Annabelle Satcher.

Anna was exited to say the least, she had been tugging at my arm for the past thirty minutes, chatting animatedly about all of her friends and family members that I was going to meet. Her parents had met us at the airport. They were a nice couple. One look at them and I had noticed where Anna got her good looks. Big, bluebell eyes from her dad and a milky complexion and sleek, dark hair from her mum. Mr. and Mrs. Satcher had welcomed me quite nicely, and were making me feel at home in their mundane, two-story house.

"So, Tessa. Do you like it here in America so far?" Said Annabelle's mother as she laid some food on the table. We were having dinner at her house. Annabelle was sitting beside me, casually running her hand up and down my thigh as if by by accident as I bit back the urge to glare at her for teasing me like that.

"Yes, but I haven't seen much of it yet. I can't wait for Annabelle to show me around," I replied with an impeccable British accent, since they though Annabelle had spent all this time in Europe.

Then I turned to Anna, "You'll show me around, won't you, Annabelle?" I said with a quirky smile.

"I'm sure she will," Said her mother, "right, honey?"

"Yeah mom," She replied with a grin, giving me a look I couldn't quite decipher.

After dinner, Annabelle's parents set up an extra mattress on her room so I could sleep there. Not that I was actually going to use it since I thought it would be best to sleep on the same bed. For recreational purposes, of course. Plus, no future vampire queen sleeps on the floor.

After they left, I turned to Annabelle, "You're not really gonna make me sleep on the floor, are you?"

She smirked, "Why not? It's a perfectly comfortable mattress."

In a matter of seconds, I had her pinned against the bed, brushing my lips against hers, I then pulled back and smirked, "Because I've grown rather fond of sleeping with you."

"Fair enough," She said, a little out of breath.

I watched her change into her pajamas, fighting against the urge to get close to her and run my hand up and down her bare back. Then I changed into mine and climbed into bed with her. I burrowed my head into her neck and took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of her sweet siren blood and ignoring the fact that I was hungry. It took all of my strenght to keep myself from biting her, but I wasn't about to hurt her.

"Stella, is everything okay? You seem tense," She said softly as she stroked the side of my face.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little bit thirsty, that's all."

Annabelle nodded and craned her head to the side, exposing the sensitive part of her neck. "It's okay," she said. "You can take as much as you want."

I wanted to tell he she was crazy, but I was too thirsty to speak. My fangs had extended with a clicking noise, and the burning in my throat was getting worse. She put her hand on the back of my neck and pulled me close to her until my lips were touching her skin.

I couldn't take it anymore, with a snarl I dug my fangs into her neck, sucking every bit of blood that came rushing out. I knew she was enjoying it as much as I was because she was moaning and her grip on me had grown stronger, but I also knew she would be getting weaker and she could die if I kept going, so with all my might, I managed to pull away from her.
Using the healing abilities I had acquired from one of the guards back at the castle, I healed the open wound until there was no trace of what had just happened.