Chapter 10: Deucalion

This chapter's gonna be short :/ Sorry about that, but I had to make this scene separate.

Oh and please listen to the song posted on the side (Together we will live forever by Clint Mansell)

A/N 2022 lol i used amber heard as the villain without knowing my bad and my good as well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stella's POV

I was lying face down, some of the street rubble in my face because the pavement cracked on impact.

Another blow to the head.

My ears were ringing.

I had tried to use my powers but none of them worked. Natalie was Dorian's secret weapon. They called her Erasus, latin for "erase". She had the power to block any vampire's special abilities, and it was rumored that if you drank her blood, now that she was a vampire, you'd become mortal.

I could hear Annabelle's screams muffled by the sound of an engine starting. Then the battered car drove away. Natalie could have stopped her, but she didn't. She was too busy staring at me with her cold blue eyes. Unlike Annabelle's, I could sense no beautiful soul behind them.

She closed her eyes and spoke in a soft, eerie voice, "You replaced me?"

I could taste blood in my mouth, "You died."

She was standing before me in less than a second, holding me up by my neck. I tried to pry her hands off me, but she was too strong.

"You said you'd always love me." She said.

"You promised you'd never leave me." I replied with a choked voice.

She let go and I dropped to the ground with a thud.

"I never did. I witnessed as my death made you stronger, ruthless, more powerful. Then I watched you fall for that stupid mundane person and become soft again. You let me down."

She kicked my ribs and I moaned in pain,

"Love makes you pathetic." She added, "Shame, you have such potential."

I spoke as I breathed through the pain, "What do you want?"

She bent down and cupped my face tenderly, "Do you have to ask? I want you, my love."

She leaned in to kiss me but I turned my face away from her, "You betrayed me."

She slapped me so hard my head hit the ground.

"I hate having to hurt you. Join us."

I chuckled, "Let me think... Ehm... No."

"It wasn't a question."

Suddenly I could hear footsteps approaching us. I was relieved for a moment, Jace had sent help, but then I saw him. The silver haired boy with Dorian's gray eyes.

She smiled, "Deucalion, nice of you to join the party, you're late."

"So many young mundies at that party. I got hungry. How's our princess?"

"Headstrong, naive, negative."

He made a clicking sound with his tongue, "That's not good. Should I put her to sleep?"

"Not yet. I want to play with her a bit more." She looked at me like a cat would look at a mouse.

Deaucalion looked around and then growled, "You let the humans go!"

Natalie snarled back at him, her eyes turning dark, "Watch your tone. Remember who you're speaking to."

"My apologies, mother. It's just, the singer could have been an asset... or a nice meal."

I took a sharp breath, "Mother?!"

Natalie chuckled, "No, darling. More like stepmother. Little Deucalion here is Dorian's son."

"Which means Dorian's your..."

"Mate. He took care of me when you broke my heart by replacing me for that human girl."

i growled, not understanding why I felt such jealousy. Suddenly full of anger and energy, I charged at Deucalion with fangs bared. My nails grew into claws as I slashed him like a wild animal.

Then I felt myself being pulled back by my hair.

Natalie sighed, "How I loved running my hands through your hair. And this side of you is so," she shuddered, "sexy."

I growled at her and grabbed her neck, closing my grip hard, trying to snap it like a twig.

Suddenly Deucalion grabbed my face from the side and forced me to look at him.

He smiled, "Goodnight, princess."

Then everything went white as it had the night that I got into this mess.