Chapter 20: The Crystal War Part I

A/N

Up top, my first single. Give it some love, share comment, like... it would mean the world to me <3

***
Jace and I hurried to the watchtower, where we could see Dorian's ships gathering in the horizon. Some of the rebels had swum across and were fighting against the guards. Stella was down there, shooting them like an expert marksman.

"Looks like the fighting has started without us, how rude," said Jace.

Dylan was also with us, shifting uncomfortably. I wasn't sure if he was itching to fight or disliked violence too much, but he had two katanas with him, strapped to his back.

"Are we going to get down there?" I asked.

"Yes," replied Jace, "but... there's no sign of Dorian or Natalie."

"They must still be on one of the ships," said Dylan.

"We need to get rid of Natalie or her cure will render our powers useless. After that, we need waterbenders to knock over those ships."

Dylan spoke into a device strapped on his wrist, like a watch, "Gather the waterbenders, but don't let them out just yet. We need to take down The Cure."

"Copy that," came the reply.

"We need to infiltrate those ships," I said.

"No," replied Jace, "If they're still in there, it must be what they want. We need to draw them out."

Jace spoke into his own wrist device, "Ready the cannons. Gun down those ships."

"Yes, sir."

Then he turned to me, "Let's get down there."

Dylan and I nodded in agreement and before I could realize what was going on, Dylan and Jace had leapt from the watchtower, landing gracefully in the sand below.

Jace looked up to me from the beach, "Are you coming?!"

I took a deep breath and climbed the ledge. Spreading my arms out in a T formation, I let myself fall, and as my instincts took over, I did a flip in the air, landing like a cat on all fours below. I was full of adrenaline and had never felt so strong before. This was going to be good.

Dylan unsheathed his katanas to reveal their beautful crystal blades, and Jace carried a large rifle. He looked back at me, winked, and started shooting. The sound was almost deafening. I had no control over my senses like the other vampires did. In the horizon I could see every last detail of the ships, down to the vampires patrolling on the deck. I could see their faces, even though they were very far away. The sound of guns going off with their crystal ammo was driving me insane. Around me I could hear the screams of their victims and the grunts of the rebels and guards fighting. There was sand everywhere, and it was blocking m vision a bit. Tiny grains of sand flew past me and I could see them as if I were looking through a magnifying glass. Pieces of coral, rock, and shells composed them. I would have been distracted with all my new senses for a while had I not noticed the side of the ships had opened to reveal cannons. Suddenly there was a huge explosion of sand nearby, and I was thrown to my side.

Dylan rushed to pull me to my feet, "Are you okay?"

I was surprised there was no ringing in my ears from the sound of the cannon, "Yes."

"Are you ready?"

I took out my sais and twirled them dexteriously in response, "I need to find Stella."

He smiled and nodded. Suddenly his expression became grim as he stared at something behind me, I was ready to stab my attacker, but when I turned, she grabbed my wrist.