Chapter 22: From a Higher Command

The song up top is my first single as a musician you can find Challenger Deep in my poems it all started on wattpad <3

A/N: Sorry for how short this chapter is, but I hope you enjoy it.

Remember to vote and comment!

Also check out my new story, Children of the Sky, when you have a chance. Give it a shot, it will become very interesting.

Beats waiting for my slow butt to update this one.

IMPORTANT: this chapter's ending was deleted during a day wattpad had a glitch. This is not how it ends. Please have patience while I attept to write what I had written before.

Update: The chapter has been finished finally :) I re-wrote the ending

Out of the silence, one of the guards rushed forward and kneeled beside Dorian's lifeless body. He grimaced as he gently grabbed the rogue leader's head, turning it from side to side, as if he were inspecting his wounds, except the only sign that something had happened to him were his eyes. Red where they had once been white, eyes a pale shade of gray.

The guard put down Dorian's limp head, it rolled to the side. He stood up and looked at me, fear visible in his eyes. "He's definitely dead." He said, "His skull is heavily cracked into small pieces. There's no coming back from this."

Stella had been standing by my side and whispered something in my ear about how that particular guard had x-ray vision. My eyes turned to Natalie, her eyes had gone from bright scarlet to pale blue, slowly fading into the same hue of gray on Dorian's irises. She was very still. There was a bullet hole in her chest, where the heart should be.

The guard walked over to her, then backed up as he got near, "The bullet grazed her heart. It will be enough to kill her, but-" He was cut off by a sharp gasp emerging from Natalie's mouth. She breathed raggedly, blood dripping from her lips, nose bloody and broken where I had kicked her. Her eyes drifted from blue to gray as she fought to stay alive. Those pale eyes met mine, scared and pleading.

I frantically looked between her and Stella, who had a cold expression. Then my eyes rested on Dylan, and I nodded towards him. "Heal her."

Murmurs broke the sharp silence, accompanied by Stella's deep guttural growl. She clenched a fist and took a step towards Natalie, fangs bared. She looked a lot like she was about to finish her off before Dylan could have a chance to heal her.

I grabbed her by the arm. "It's the right thing to do. Enough people have died."

She snarled, "One more shouldn't make a difference," and pulled a dagger from her belt.

My hold on her tightened, "Please."

She took one look at me, irises pitch black, then back at Natalie. She seemed to ponder my words for a moment, then threw the knife towards Natalie's forehead with pinpoint accuracy.

The knife stopped mere inches away from its target. Natalie, even in the brink of death, widened her eyes and began breathing more rapidly, which threw her into a coughing fit. I nodded at Dylan again, embracing Stella from behind so she couldn't move her arms.

Dylan slowly stalked over to Natalie, eyes wide, and grabbed the dagger from mid-air, putting in down next to her. Then he put both hands over Natalie's heart and the edges of the wound glowed white. The clear quartz bullet came out through the entry wound and the wound closed itself behind it. Natalie gasped in relief, took a couple more deep breaths, then sat up, startled, and frantically crawled away from the crowd, eyes darting between me and Stella. She seemed to be headed for the water, but was stopped by two guards who picked her up roughly and cuffed her.