18

𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋
no one would hurt you again or i'd kill them

THE TRIO - DAMON, Enzo, and Echo was in the living area of the boarding house, playing a game of pool and talking

"So, you two didn't actually break up. That I get. Then you lied to me about it. Not smart, but again, I get it. As much as I hate it, I get it. I threatened her, you're protecting her, blah blah blah," Enzo went on, looking between them. He saw the love they have for each other and was jealous.

"You also threatened my baby brother," Echo spat out as she leaned against the wall, a glass of bourbon in hand.

He pointed her with the stick. "Yes. I did. But, he's fine."

She rolled her brown eyes at him. "You're lucky that he is because, otherwise, I would've ripped your eyeballs out with my bare hands."

He stared at her with big eyes before chuckling and going back to playing pool.

Damon gave his old friend a look. "Dude... she's not kidding. She will do it."

Enzo looked back up and then over at the smirking hunter who was now twirling a dagger with one hand. "Well..." he gulped a little. "That sounds fabulous." He hit a ball in the hole, and stood straighter, smirking. "How did you two even get together? He had killed many people and you are a hunter."

"We have been through a lot together. Plus, I'm not like other hunters. I have a mind of my own." She tucked away her dagger, took a sip of the bourbon, and then winked at him. "If you want to know my life story, read the Supernatural books".

"Oh... yeah!" Damon exclaimed, snapping his fingers at his friend. "That's what I forgot to tell you. My amazing and beautiful girlfriend is from another world. And she has went up against the actual devil before."

Enzo's face was full of shock and wonder. "What? How?"

She shrugged. "We still don't know how I got here or why I am here. But, we do know that Echo Gilbert didn't exist until I came here. Once I landed here, it created memories, pictures, and others things to make it seem like I have been here this whole time. That's why I don't look identical to Elena and why I'm not a doppleganger."

"And how did you find out about that?"

"Tessa." She tilted her head. "More known as the psychotic bitch who was obsessed with Silas." She smacked her lips together. "I will say, though, Silas - even though he was evil and annoying - he had a much better personality than Stefan." She took a gulp from the bourbon. "And from what Caroline and you said about Tom, he even sounds way better than Stefan."