06

𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄
i never wish to be easily defined

IN THE LIVING room of the boarding house, Echo and Damon were relaxing and cuddling on the couch in a comfortable silence

"This is nice," she mused quietly with her dark eyes shut in pure content. "Really nice."

Damon set his chin on her head while holding her in his arms with a happy lopsided smile on his face. "It is nice."

"I love when our life is like this," she said, cuddling closer to him, humming in happiness. "Why can't it always be like this?"

"Because it is our life, which probably means that somebody's going to walk through that door and shatter it," he pointed out with a heavy sigh, all the while tightening his arms around her.

Echo groaned loudly, burying her head in his chest. "Noooo."

He began to countdown quietly yet loud enough for her to hear, "In ten...nine..." ""

"Shut up!" She whined, wiggling around unhappily in his arms causing him to laugh and hold her tighter.

"Six...five..." Damon continued to countdown ignoring her protests to stop.

"Damon, stop, pleeeease," she began to throw a small tantrum in his arms, shaking her head. He laughed, placing a kiss on her forehead before counting down to two. "Shh!" She placed her finger over his lips.

Damon smirked and went to kiss her when he heard footsteps approaching them, then Silas burst through the door. "Greetings!"

"One..." The vampire trailed off with an annoyed clench of his jaw as Echo groaned loudly.

"Good morning, frenemies!" Silas yelled happily as he entered the room and pulled the curtains back using magic, and Echo sat up to look at him in anger and aggravation. "Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer." He walked to the window and letting the sun hit his face. "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

Damon sat up as well with Echo  sitting in his lap. "What's with the home invasion, Silas?"

"Well Damon, after two thousand years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die the immortal doppelgänger explained with a smirk as Elena urgently entered the room.

"Damon! We need to talk!" She yelled then paused when she saw Silas and scowled. "What's he doing here?"

"We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch. Your doppelgänger, Amara died at her hands, but today, after two thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite," Silas answered for the couple with a longing look in his green eyes.

Damon stood up from the couch forcing Echo  to have to stand up as well. "Alright. Skip the mushy parts. Look. My girl here is just trying to have a good day, and there are promises that she's expecting you to keep. Same with Elena.