12

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄
her hair was long. her foot was light. and her eyes were wild

DAMON AND ECHO walked into the Salvatore Boarding House, smiling and holding hands

"There was something oddly satisfying about all of that," Echo hummed to herself, grinning over at her boyfriend.

"Therapeutic and all." Damon nodded in his girlfriend's direction, leaning a shovel against the wall. 

The couple made their way inside the house before seeing Stefan approach them, his arms folded across his chest. "Where have you two been?" 

"Just out." Damon shrugged back. 

"Define out." 

"One who hovers and sticks his nose into other people's business." Damon smirked, swinging his arm over Evelyn's shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was defining annoying." 

Stefan watched as the Salvatore rubbed his shoes on the carpet. "That's funny." 

"I thought so too." Echo smirked back, dusting her hands off after she let go of her boyfriends hand. "Where's my dad and uncles?"

Stefan shrugged. "Out getting drinks." He then narrowed his eyes at them. "Where were you?"

"Katherine's rotting corpse was stinking up the house. Echo and I got rid of it," Damon explained to his brother before giving Echo a nod. 

"Could be a bit of a problem," Stefan sheepishly admitted, tilting his head to the left.  

Damon and Echo exchanged confused looked before finally glaring at the Salvatore. "Oh? And why is that?" 

"Because I'm here for Katherine's body," Nadia announced as she stepped out of the parlor, a devilish grin plastered on her face just like the one Katherine used to give off. 

Echo rose a brow as she looked the woman up and down. "Sorry not sorry, bitch's daughter, but it's too late. By now, the worms are eating her decaying corpse."

"You ain't gettin' it." Damon added on, pursing his lips.

"My mother asked to be buried with her family in Bulgaria," Nadia insisted once more. 

"And nothing gives me greater joy than to deny her dying wish." Damon sighed, wandering over to the table pouring himself and Echo a drink. 

"Who cares? Katherine's dead. Just give her the damn body." Stefan sighed out, crossing his arms.

Echo huffed as she glared at him. "She's dead... finally, so I'm going to relish in the fact she's gone and we're alive. I'm not going to give her anything she wants." She then smirked and turned to Nadia. "Plus, I salted and burned her body to double sure she won't come back."