14

𝐍𝐎 𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐓
don't like me? cute. i don't wake up everyday to impress you

THE NEXT MORNING, Damon and Enzo were held up in a secluded house somewhere

THE NEXT MORNING, Damon and Enzo were held up in a secluded house somewhere. There was a trial of dropped blood leading up the stairs to the front porch, and a day old newspaper laying out from.

Enzo was looking at a picture on a table of a couple. "You think they fell in love milking cows?" 

The Salvatore was leaning against a doorframe staring out a window. "Probably. Then she became one. So he drank himself into oblivion — she cheated with the pastor." 

Enzo glanced at the brooding vampire and rolled his eyes. He looked at the picture again and smeared blood on the glass with his finger. "Just because your true love told you to get out and never come back—" Damon had told him a lie so that they're plan could work. "—doesn't mean you have to dump on others." 

Damon looked at him, revealing blood on his chin, and then rolled his eyes. He pushed himself off of the wall, and approached his friend. "There's no love in there," he argued, gesturing to the photo. "Look at that picture, it's old! The milk maid's no where to be found — it's just pathetic ole farmer John." 

"Manners! It's impolite to speak ill of our hosts," Enzo scolded him, unamused.

"I doubt he'll mind!" Damon argued looking down at a man — the same man in the picture — lying dead on the floor.

"Please. Alright cranky," the dark eyed vampire sighed heavily. "It's been almost eight hours since you last fed. So I suppose that's about right." 

Damon leaned against the door frame again and looked over at him incredulously. "Are you timing me?" 

Enzo slipped his phone back into his pocket. "You feed on vampires now. I am a vampire. The only way to ensure my safety is to know how long you can last until your next fix," he explained slowly in slight anxiety. 

"Or, you can just leave," the Salvatore pointed out with a shrug.

Just before leaving Mystic Falls, the two vampires made a stop to see Wes and he injected Damon with the vampire virus thus making him feed on other vampires instead of humans. This made Damon nervous to be around others of his kind, especially Echo, and that's why he didn't fight much when Enzo basically dragged him away.

Enzo shook his head slowly over at his friend with a serious look on his face. "I don't abandon my friends, Damon. Besides, if you hadn't come with me to kill Doctor Wes, he wouldn't have stuck you with that nasty virus."