03

𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐍
everyone looks at someone and thinks, 'why has no one hit you with a shovel yet'

𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐍everyone looks at someone and thinks, 'why has no one hit you with a shovel yet'

AFTER FINDING OUT that Stefan was out in the world, doing god knows what, the couple was tired as hell. So, they had to go back to the Salvatore House, and they fell asleep together on Damon's bed.

Echo was currently curled up on his chest, her leg propped up over his, and his arms were securely wrapped around her.

And then suddenly, really early in the morning, the two were sounded asleep when Elena barged into the room wearing pajamas while taking deep breaths as though she had just woken from a nightmare. "I had a dream about Stefan," she exclaimed loudly, causing them to wake up with groans.

"God, Elena, do you really want to do this right now," Echo complained as she snuggled further into her boyfriends chest. "Can't this wait until after I have at least one cup of coffee?"

"I'm sorry, O, but it can't," Elena gave her sister a sheepish look before explaining, "It was more than just a pit in my stomach this time, though." She began pacing back and forth as the couple stared at her in annoyance. "It was real. It was like I was there with him. It was just so vivid. I saw Stefan walking out of this bar. It had a red awning and this broken neon sign, and he was screaming in pain."

"Well, should I go check in the attic, see if there's a crystal ball?" Damon sarcastically questioned and rolled his eyes. "Maybe you can conjure up an address."

"Route 29. Joe's bar," Katherine suddenly said as she appeared at the bedroom door causing Echo to throw a pillow at the former-vampire. "I think I had the exact same dream."

Elena and Katherine exchanged looks while Damon groaned and Echo buried her head further into him.

HALF AN HOUR LATER, Elena was fully dressed and writing in a notebook, then paused to pick up Stefan's daylight ring looking at it pensively as Damon entered the room with an pouting Echo.

"Sorry for waking you up, but here's a peace offer," the older twin smiled slightly as she handed a cup coffee and a bag of fries to Echo.

The younger twin stared at Elena before sighing. "Fine. You're forgiven."

"So," I've found 9 bars along Route 29, and none of them are called "Joe's"," Damon spoke up as he kissed his girlfriends cheek before he turned to Elena.

"I had a feeling that there was something wrong all summer, and I ignored it," Elena responded in guilt, looking up at them. "But I was right, Stefan was in a safe, and probably killed whoever it was that found him...I know it sounds crazy, that I'm following some psychic dream, but it's the only lead that we have," she pointed out, hopeful.