16

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆
sisters before anything else

ELENA WOKE UP alone in her dorm room, revealing that she was just dreaming, and that people actually did care about her

ELENA WOKE UP alone in her dorm room, revealing that she was just dreaming, and that people actually did care about her. She sat up, confused, and looked around the room, wondering where everyone was.

She slid off her matress and left her room to explore the hallways. "Hello?" No one answered, so she continueed to explore the empty halls. "Hello?" Suddenly, the floor creaked and she froze in her spot. "Hello?"

"Hey," a familiar voice said, startling the doppelgänger.

Elena turned around quickly to see her sister standing there with a frown on her face. "Echo... what are you doing here? Where is everyone?"

"Everyone's gone. The whole school cleared out for spring break. You've been in and out since you first woke up," she explained softly to her and watched as the older twin nodded slowly while looking around.

"Oh. Okay... that makes sense. I thought I was going crazy," she mumbled, then walked up to Echo, only encounter a force field that prevented her from getting too close. "What's going on? Wh-y-y..."

"We had to seal you into the building," Echo informed her sister. "We've got a lot of catching up to do."

Elena looked confused and overwhelmed. "The last thing I remember, I was running through the woods.. my—my head felt like it was being attacked by Katherine's whole life. I saw Jack and I threw my arms around him.. and.. nothing."

Echo nodded slowly, swallowing thickly. "I'm sorry to burst the bubble, but... that was three weeks ago."

"Three weeks ago?" The older twin questioned incredulously with a shaky breath. "Three weeks... and yet it took just one second for Katherine to infect me with some virus that makes me want to kill all my friends."

"Oh yeah. You know that psychotic bitch —she's not about to go out without a final fuck-you to us," she commented with a sarcastic smile.

"Do you really think this whole lock-down is necessary?" Elena questioned as she pushed at the invisible barrier. "I mean, I feel fine."

"Look.. we shouldn't take any chances. If Damon taught us anything is that the virus makes you want to attack at the mere scent of vampire blood," Echo explained with a heavy sigh. She felt bad for not realizing Katherine was Elena weeks ago. But, due to dealing with the Whitmore's, her family, and the ripper virus, it had been too hard to focus on anything.