05

𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
i am who i am. your approval isn't needed

THE NEXT DAY, Damon was pacing around the living room of the Salvatore mansion explaining his plan to Jeremy

THE NEXT DAY, Damon was pacing around the living room of the Salvatore mansion explaining his plan to Jeremy. Echo, and Jack. The sister was laying her head on her brother's lap, smiling as he ran his hand through her hair. Jack had her feet in his lap with a frown on his face.

"So, as we know, in a psychotic lapse of judgment, Bonnie brought you back to life and died in the process," Damon commented causing his girlfriend to shoot him an unamused look. "May she rest in peace," he added looking at a random spot.

"She's actually right over there," Jeremy corrected, pointing to an empty chair across the room.

"Hey, Bon!" Echo shouted as she waved over at the chair and then went back to straight-face, and hummed as Jeremy continued playing with her hair.

"Whatever," the older vampire remarked with a roll of his blue eyes. "Look. The whole point is, I just happen to know a supernatural being who just happens to want to die, and in the spirit of nature needing balance and life for a life and all that stuff, I just think it would be a huge waste of a perfectly good death."

"Damon..." Echo trailed off as she sat up to stare at her boyfriend.

"What are you talking about?" The teenage boy asked with raised eyebrows.

"Something Elena doesn't need to know about until it works," Damon quickly said with an annoyed sigh. He didn't want to upset Elena even more if what he was thinking, couldn't happen.

Jack looked between them before raising his brows. "You want to work with Silas?"

"What? Why?" Echo questioned with narrowed eyes, and she reached over to entwine her left hand with Jack's right. She knew he was worried about Elena, and seeing that he and Bonnie had become friends, he wants to do anything to bring her back, and keep Elena happy.

"From the beginning, Silas' whole bad-guy plan was to kill himself, pass on to wherever he was gonna pass on to, and reunite with his dead girlfriend, Amara," the blue eyed vampire explained the story of Silas. "I want to use his death to bring Bonnie back to life."

"Really?" Echo asked, her mouth wide open. She went to look at the seat where Jermey said Bonnie was, but then shook her head as she realized she wouldn't be able to see her.

Damon gave his girlfriend a look before continuing his explanation, "To die, he has to be mortal. If he's mortal, then he's a witch, and if he dies as a witch, then he's stuck on the Other Side forever."

"He already tried to bring down the veil to the Other Side. He failed," Jeremy pointed out with a thoughtful look.

"Yeah." Jack nodded, pointing to Jeremy.