17

𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔
why am i always advocating violence as a first response

ELENA WALKED INTO the school to meet with Jeremy's teacher for his parent/teacher conference with a kind smile, though she was stressed

ELENA WALKED INTO the school to meet with Jeremy's teacher for his parent/teacher conference with a kind smile, though she was stressed. "Hey, Mrs. Douglas."

Mrs. Douglas looked up at her with a warm smile. "Elena! It's good to see you."

The doppelganger sighed heavily as she sat down at the table. "You too."

The teacher sat down across from her while shifting through some papers. "Although you're not on the list as Jeremy's or Jack's primary contact."

"Then who is?" Elena asked taking the paper and looking down at to see.

"Damon Salvatore and Echo Gilbert. Present," the Salvatore vampire yelled across the room with a smug look as the couple approached the table. He then squeezed into the chair next to Elena, who looked at him incredulously, and Echo grabbed another chair to sit beside him.

Mrs. Douglas then left the room to do something unknown and the three of them waited for her to come back so they could start the parent/teacher conference.

After a brief period of silence, Damon sighed. "The clock's busted. What am I paying my PTA dues for?" He remarked with a sarcastic smile.

Echo rolled her eyes, though her smile gave away the fact she wasn't annoyed. "You're an idiot. A cute idiot, but an idiot nonetheless."

Elena sighed heavily at them. "What are you doing here, Damon?"

"You left me in charge of Jeremy when you went off to Whitmore. I've had this on my calendar for months," he explained with a shrug. "And seeing as my beautiful and lovely girlfriend is Jeremy's sisters, well... I added her on the list."

"I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry," Echo apologized with a grimace. "But yeah, Damon literally has the day marked down on the calendar with a red marker. It's honestly so cute."

Elena couldn't help herself when she smiled at her sister. After what went down two days ago at the College, she has been doing everything in her power to keep Echo smiling. It didn't matter that everyone forgave her for the accident, she felt terrible and beyond angry at herself for killing her own sister.

Sure, Castiel used whatever energy he had left to bring her back from the dead before passing out, but Echo still died by her hands.

"What do you think Jeremy has been up to?" Elena couldn't help but ask as she began fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "And Jack? Do you think they have been alright here?"