Chapter 47 My Life

Sumire POV

Announcer: The match resumes with Zach's throw-in! Desert Lion heads up! Will Inazuma Japan be able to change the flow of the game?

Endou: "Guys, stop them no matter what!"

Tobitaka: "Kay!"

Tobitaka charged to Zach.

Zach: "W-What's with this guy? Kyle!"

Kazemaru: "I won't let you through!"

Endou: "Nice work, Tobitaka! Kazemaru!"

Announcer: Kidou has control of the ball! Inazuma Japan has a chance to counterattack!

Kidou: "Toramaru!"

Musa: "You're not getting through!"

Announcer: Oh, Utsunomiya! He passes through three defenders in the blink of an eye!

I smiled and looked back at Dad. He smiled back at me.

Fudou: !

Announcer: There are only a few moments left in stoppage time! Will this play lead to another goal?

When I first heard about Toramaru's abilities from Dad... I was envious at first. He didn't gain those abilities from training like I did. But...

I look at Toramaru smiling while playing.

It just makes him a more fun rival!

Toramaru: "I grew up doing deliveries, you know! Kazemaru-san!"

Announcer: Utsunomiya sends it wide to the side! Can Kazemaru catch up?

Kazemaru: "I'll bring this ball up! Toramaru!"

Gouenji: "Go, Toramaru!"

"Toramaru!"

Endou: "Sumire?"

"Hit it with all you've got! Show everyone your abilities!"

Toramaru: "...! Okay! Here's the shoot I've kept sealed up all this time! Go! Tiger Drive!"

Nasser: "Storm Rider! ...What?!"

Announcer: It's in! Utsunomiya! Right at the end of the match, Desert Lion is hit with a massive goal!

Endou: "Amazing... You're amazing, Toramaru!"

Announcer: The match is over! Inazuma Japan overcomes this close combat and will now proceed to the FFI Asia prelim finals!

Endou: "All right, we did it! Tobitaka, you did a great job too!"

Tobitaka: "What are you talking about?"

I looked up to the sky.

We're getting there... slowly but at least we're moving.

Gouenji: "Is that how you are when you're serious? You'll still need some time before you can catch up to us, Toramaru."

Toramaru: "But I haven't gotten serious yet... Senpai."

Gouenji: "Why, you."

Toramaru: "Okay, let's win the next match too! We can't end the Asia prelims, after all!"

Kidou: "Is it me, or did his personality change?"

Endou: "Heh! That's fine! I like it this way!"

Kabeyama: "But how come someone this good didn't play in the Football Frontier?"

Toramaru: "I couldn't."