Chapter 21 Start of the Showdown

Endou POV

"Aliea Academy are humans?"

Hitomiko: "That's the full truth of the mysteries. Aliea Academy aren't aliens. They're humans who've been modified and enhanced by the Aliea meteorite."

Everyone looked up back at the screen. It showed our fights with Epsilon. It was showing Desarm. I remembered that time we last saw him. How he smiled at me.

"How can you..."

Seijirou: I will now be presenting you Aliea Academy's final foothold, the strongest high-soldiers. Their name is The Genesis. They are the ultimate warriors, The Genesis. With their splendid abilities and perfect strength... Please watch them on the best stage prepared. 

Coach Hitomiko gasped as she saw Hiroto on the screen.

Seijirou: The opponents Genesis will be fighting against last will be...The Raimon Eleven. Prime Minister Zaizen, are you listening? This should make you reconsider Genesis... I'm certain.

Then a bright light shown again. A door opened and a man stood there.

Hitomiko: "Kenzaki..."

Then when we followed Kenzaki he led us to Hitomiko's Father and they face against one another.

Seijirou: "How was the promotion?"

Hitomiko: "Father, you're wrong. Stop the high-soldier project!"

Seijirou: "It seems you don't understand yet......that you've long been a part of my plan."

"Eh?"

Hitomiko: "...What do you mean?"

Seijirou: "I thought that since you've been trained through your fights against Aliea Academy, you'd one day become the most suitable opponents for The Genesis."

Hitomiko: *gasp*

Seijirou: "Hitomiko, you worked just as I had expected. You have my thanks."

Hitomiko: "Everything I was doing...was for Aliea Academy?"

"Coach..."

Aki: "Coach..."

Seijirou: "Now please prepare for the match. Genesis is waiting for you."

After a while the Coach turned around to face us and I felt anger.

Hitomiko: "Everyone...I've been fighting to defeat Aliea Academy and stop my father's plan up until now. But...It could be that I was just using you all. I don't have qualifications to be your Coach..."

"That's not it!"

Hitomiko: "! Endou-kun..."

"Coach, you're our coach! Coach, you came up with strategies so we could get stronger! You taught us that losing could lead us to victory next time! You've watched over us as we struggled with our challenges! That's why we've been able to come this far!"

Coach looked at everyone.

Ichinose: "I didn't like what you were doing, but I understand now. Coach, you always did it for us."

Rika: "I'm sorry I called you a spy!"

Domon: "I'm sorry for doubting you, Coach."

Touko: "Coach, you're the one who trained us."

Tachimukai: "That's right. It wasn't for Aliea Academy... It was for us!"

Kabeyama: "Coach, I'm thankful!"

"Everyone..."

Fubuki: "Coach. I'm also thankful to you, Coach."

Hitomiko: "Fubuki-kun..."

"Coach! We need you, Coach Hitomiko! Please fight with us to the very end!"

Hitomiko: "Everyone..."

The more someone cares, the more they're harder on you.

That person words repeat in my head and I look at Coach's bracelet.

Thank you.

Hitomiko POV

I watched as everyone started to get ready to fight against Genesis. I felt overjoyed. They understood what I wanted to do, they understood what I meant.

What you're doing isn't the same as him. Be more confident in yourself!

"...Yes I should be confident in myself..."

I clutched my bracelet.

Hibiki: "Sorry. Even though I was trying to get you to tell them the truth..."

"No. I'm grateful that you've let me take care of them this far."

Hibiki: "They're in your hands."

"Yes."

Endou: "Let's go, everyone. We can't lose this match no matter what. Our fight will decide the world's fate!"

Kidou: "This one will really be the last battle."

The team turned to face me.

"You're the strongest soccer team on Earth. So...I only have one order. Win!"

Everyone: "Yes ma'am!"

Endou POV

When we went out to the field it was completely dark. Then the ceiling was raised up and we saw Hiroto and his team on the side of the field.

Hiroto: "You've finally come, Endou-kun."

"Yeah. We're here to defeat you."

Hiroto: "I'll prove that Genesis are the strongest soldiers with this game."

"Is playing soccer that's only filled with desire to be the strongest fun?"

Hiroto: "That's... what Dad wants."

"Dad?"

Hiroto: "I'll become the strongest for Dad's sake. I have to be the strongest."

"It doesn't matter who it's for. Hiroto, what do you think?"

Hiroto: "Endou-kun. Let's fight for what we believe in with everything we have. You're up against Aliea Academy's final and strongest team... The Genesis."

Oracle POV

"...And so it begins. "The final battle". Hmph."

I clutch my chest.

But why I wonder...? Why does my chest hurt? Or perhaps is it...

"Is it her?"

I close my eyes...and then I open them to a see ice around me.

Everything looks the same.

I look down to see...the girl asleep with frost all on her. This world, is nothing but inner conscious. Whoever is stronger, has the power to make this world whatever they wish. As so I, Oracle am stronger because of Aliea meteorite. So I made this prison of ice to keep the sleeping girl in check. Though this prison is more like a cage.

"And yet...I don't have full control of this body. Her emotions are still stronger than mines."

I floated down to the sleeping girl.

"...They're here you know. The team you so wish to protect...The boy that you love so much as well."

I get no response.

Which should be expected. But...

"I just don't get it. Why go far for a bunch of strangers?"

???: "....."

"...I wonder. How would he react if he knew we were here. When I tried looking for his weakness like with the others. One of course was his sister but..."

I feel myself clutch my hand tight.

"That other was you. Shōko Saegusa."