Chapter 26 The Secret

Gouenji POV

When we got out, we saw how badly damaged the UFO was. There was still smoke coming out of it.

Endou: "It's all over."

Later some police were able to come over and came to talk to Detective Onigawara.

Police Officer: "Detective Onigawara! The children of Gemini Storm and Epsilon have all been safely secured."

Onigawara: "Good work. Now, let's go."

Seijirou started walking towards Onigawara.

Hitomiko: "Father!"

Seijirou: "Thank you, Hitomiko. I've come back to my senses thanks of you."

Hiroto: "Dad! I'll be waiting! Until you come back, I'll always be waiting!"

Seijirou: "Hiroto..."

Onigawara: "Now, you should get going too."

Hitomiko: "Coach Hibiki. Can I ask to put Endou-kun and the others under your charge again? I want to be with Hiroto and the other children."

Hibiki: "Sure."

Coach bowed to Coach Hibiki and looked at us. She walked up to all of us.

Hitomiko: "Thank you, everyone. I was able to make it this far because of all of your help. I'm grateful. Really, thank you so much."

She bowed to us.

Endou: "Coach."

Ichinose: "Coach!"

Kabeyama: "Coach!"

Domon: "Coach!"

Everyone: "Coach!"

She looked back up at us and looked at Endou. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

Hitomiko: "Gouenji-kun. I know this might not be the time but..."

Coach Hitomiko took off her bracelet and held it out to me.

Hitomiko: "I'd like you to have this."

"What is this?"

Aki: "! That's...!"

Rika: "The unfashionable bracelet!"

Everyone: *sweatdrop*

Hitomiko: "Someone gave me this.....Someone who cares for you very much."

"Eh?"

Hitomiko: "...She wanted me to tell you... I'm glad you continued your soccer way. You may have regretted some choices you made but you still looked forward. Thank you and... You found some wonderful friends."

I flinched.

"...Coach, that wording... could it be... the one who gave you this bracelet..."

Shōko: You're life is yours Shu-chan. But promise me okay? You won't regret the choices you make when I'm around.

"Was it... Was it Shōko who gave this?!"

I looked up at her with hopeful eyes.

Hitomiko: "Shōko Saegusa... right?"

!

"Coach... have you always been in contact with her?!"

Hitomiko: "...No, not completely. With this bracelet you can't call her but she can call us and message, whenever she wants."