24⋆Secrets

✦

It is 4 in the morning, a time where most people are sound asleep in the comfort of their beds. But in the apartment on the third floor, time seems to be standing still - and all three residents are more than wide awake.

Yeosang and San are sitting on the couch, awkwardly and with red cheeks after being caught by their best friend. Wooyoung is pacing back and forth in front of them, scratching his head and looking at them with both confusion and hesitation. He clears his throat several times, and with every minute that goes by Yeosang just wishes he could vanish into thin air.

"So... Are you... Are you guys together?" Wooyoung asks, finally breaking the silence that has been weighing heavily over them.

"What? No, no, no!" Both San and Yeosang respond immediately, waving their hands in front of them to emphasize their answer.

Wooyoung looks at them with a brow raised. He dives his fingers through his blonde hair a couple of times, while continuously pacing around in circles - dragging his feet across the floor in his soft slippers.

"But... Are you in love then?" he then asks.

"No! Absolutely not!" Yeosang exclaims, almost jumping up from the couch at the same time.

His answer earns a side-eyeing glare from San, but when mouthing an inaudible "what?" San just raises his shoulders, with a snort. The two of them keep looking at each other, while Wooyoung is too lost in his own confusion of what is happening.

"What?" Yeosang repeats, an actual whisper this time.

"Could you answer any faster?" San whispers back, but in a kind of a grumble.

And following his words, San scoots away on the couch with an insulted expression on his face. From the hazy look in his eyes, and the way his body is still swaying a little, Yeosang concludes that the younger is still fairly drunk.

The shock of Wooyoung suddenly catching them red-handed was more than enough to make Yeosang sober up right away. But same can't be said about San, apparently.

"But we aren't?" Yeosang then points out. Had it been any other moment than the extremely awkward one they are finding themselves in right now, he knows San would not act like such a brat about it.

But the blonde's drunkenness is still going strong, and affecting all his emotions and reactions.

"Definitely not, but still! Rude..." San mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"I just... I'm just a little confused then..." it then comes from Wooyoung. "Why were you... Were you actually going to-..."

Yeosang has never moved as fast, as he does when he practically throws himself over San to cover his mouth. Only a soon choked f gets to escape the younger's mouth, before Yeosang has made him swallow the rest of the word.