13⋆Darkness

✦

Darkness comes in many forms, and is not only limited to the bleak nothingness of the night. It may even come in the shape of something as ordinary as a well-dressed bank teller, with dark hair and plump lips.

This is the darkness Yeosang has tried to escape for so long, the darkness he has told himself was bad for him - something so wicked and dangerous that he couldn't possibly relate to it in any way. But now, he realizes he has been a fool all along; he will never be able to escape something that is also rooted deep within himself.

And for the first time in ten years, he finally lets go of his last hesitation, the last part of him that restricted him from being swallowed whole, by the self-desctruction he has dared to believe he was too good for.

"Yeosang?" Hyunjin asks in surprise, as he steps out the door from the bank he currently works at. "What are you doing here?"

He seems confused, and with good reason - the amount of times Yeosang has told him to stay away are countless. Hyunjin tilts his head to the side, his dark hair swaying down over his eyes, while he looks at Yeosang who is leaning against the building.

"Do you have time for coffee?" Yeosang asks, stepping out on the sidewalk to stand face to face with the person he used to hate so much.

Hyunjin seems hesitant at first, slowly brushing the hair away from his face, and Yeosang briefly wonders if maybe Hyunjin has changed after all, he almost seems too calm in this given situation. But as their eyes meet again, Yeosang swears he catches onto a sinister glimpse of the boy he used to know.

The sun is setting over the city, but with the late opening hours of the coffee house, no one is in a rush to leave - that includes Yeosang and the last person he had thought he would ever let come this close again.

While Hyunjin still seems a little confused, but whether it's actually sincere or just for show is unclear. Not that Yeosang cares anyway.

Their cups have been empty for quite some time now, while they've been catching up on each other's lives. Hyunjin cautiously chooses his words, as if one wrong word will scare Yeosang away, which wouldn't be unrealistic given their past together.

Afterwards they walk down the street, but as both are running out of things to say - things that will stay inside the frames of the normal conversation they have held onto for now, only the sounds of people and cars passing by are heard.

"Well..." Hyunjin says, after an eternity of heavy silence, "This is me..."

He tilts his head in the direction of the apartment complex next to them, and shrugs his shoulders a little, waiting for Yeosang to say just anything.

Looking into his eyes, Yeosang suddenly feels unsure on what to do or say. He thought he wanted this, to give into Hyunjin and just let himself disappear into the amazing nothingness that he used to know the older could make him feel.