18•Revelation

✦

The sound of his own steps, is the only thing that reveals any sign of life inside the walls of Seonghwa's home. As always, he leaves the lights off, when he returns home from work, to the emptiness and the silence - the suffocating silence. 

As most other nights, he is alone. Tzuyu is off to God knows where again, and Seonghwa can't possible care less about her whereabouts. He should just leave her, he has told himself that so many times already, but whenever he is about to make take the step he ends up backing out. 

A divorce would be the ultimate failure, and it would rip up the sore wound that seems to never truly heal - it would be proof that what he did, when he broke Yeosang's heart and pushed him away, had all been for nothing. 

Not to mention how upset his parents would be. They have been keeping a close eye on him since his marriage, but forcing himself to keep up the charade that he and Tzuyu are happy together, has become so fatally tiring. The few social gatherings where both of them forces a smile on their faces, and act so happily in love, have been a struggle harder anything else.

With a sigh, as heavy as his body feels, Seonghwa lays down on the bed - staring at the ceiling, while wishing he could just vanish into the silence that surrounds him. 

Like any other night, he questions himself how he could end up like this. He used to be such an outgoing person, who was used to having people around him almost constantly. He had his friends, his crazy, loud and loyal friends, and he used to enjoy standing in front of lots of people.

Now he just wants to hide himself away all the time. 

He has lost everyone he ever cared about. No - Seonghwa shakes his head at this thought, he has pushed them all away, and he has no one to blame but himself. But tonight, the truth hurts a little more than it use to.

On his way home from work, he had seen Mingi again - they had passed by each other on the street, like strangers who had never met before. They pass by each other quite often, as Mingi works at a law firm on the same street in Gangnam, as Seonghwa does. 

Mingi had never been afraid to speak the truth, or how he felt in certain situations, so of course he had been the one to be the first to say what was on all of their minds, even Seonghwa's. But the truth he was afraid to admit to himself, had hit like a bullet to the heart, and it made him react in a way he has regretted every day since. 

He had lost his friends, on the playground in Hongdae, on the same spot their friendship had started, and he had left it all behind him although it had hurt - although it still hurts. But Mingi's words has followed him ever since that day, and they has caught a hold on Seonghwa's own doubt. Every time a co-worker has complimented the family photo on his desk - saying "your daughter is so beautiful, she looks just like her mother" he soon realized that no one, ever, says she looks like him. And despite it being comments he probably shouldn't overthink, he just couldn't stop.