Chapter 35.

When I saw him smile, I thought; ah, that's what he looks like when he's genuinely smiling. When he's genuinely happy, & interested. I was reminded of what he said that Friday; you are so boring, all you do is study. Was that the only time he was truly being genuine with me? Ah, whatever. It's not like I wanted to be his entertainer anyway.

 Despite not feeling cold while I roamed through the halls for minutes then with wet clothes, I suddenly felt chills. Out of nowhere, a chill, cold feeling in my chest bloomed.

 Something warm enveloped my shoulders, a familiar warmth... but a different scent. I met the serene dark green eyes looking at me with concerned expression; 'You shouldn't walk around like that.'

 Ah, the zombie...

  '... thanks.' That was the first time I said thanks to someone, & hopefully the last. I didn't know if he was approaching with some hidden motive, I don't remember if there was at least one person who approached me out of pure good-will but it consoled me anyway. 

I sneezed, covering my mouth, & he patted my shoulder; 'Let's go drink something warm shall we?'

  I took one last glance at Lucas who was talking to Isabelle actively, smiling lot more than he usually did; I wonder if it's possible to feel robbed of something you never had from the start? What do I feel robbed off? It wasn't the same hurt I felt when I saw Rhys smiling at her, smiling at the person who would kill him.Maybe that's why... anyway, it seems... they really were opening me up. Thank god, she appeared just before I fully opened up to them. Thank god. I thought, though with bitter look.

 ...

'Why were you standing in the cold snow? With such thin clothes?'

I sipped the hot chocolate; 'Thanks for buying me this.' Second time.

'But, does your friend have to be here?' I asked, staring at the brown curly haired senior with empty look.

 'Oh, usually they ask where my other friend is~' he smiled at me; 'And, you're also wearing Dan's coat. What's going on? Could it be... you're a pedoph-' He punched the guy in the head, & he fell down to the table by his face, only to spring up almost immediately. It was kind of funny to see but I didn't feel like laughing;

 'Ouch! What the heck was that for?!'

'Your reaction was 3 seconds slower, besides shut up will you?' he took a glance at me, who was wearing a robotic expression; 'I'm not dating her, I don't even know her name.'

 He glanced at me expectantly, but I didn't even open my mouth as I drank the chocolate.

'What's your name?' he asked after waiting few seconds for me to answer.

'I don't have any obligations to answer that.'

'Whaaat? You're so heartless~' he hit the guy's head again ignoring the gazes of people in the cafeteria.

 'You're right, you don't have any obligation to answer that,' he agreed with me, making me raise my brows; he's weird. Why did he approach me? Why act caring?

  'Anyways, I'll be going now,' I stood up from the chair to leave, he grabbed my hand; 'Are you ok?'

 'Is there a reason I wouldn't be?' the smile widened on my face, & he flinched retracting his hand. 

 'Well, here you go,' I put his coat on the table before him. I should get to my real goal, not to be distracted by others. 

 'Ah, and...' I craned my neck, barely looking at him; 'Maybe it's better not to show unnecessary kindness. Kindness is naivety.' 

    Author's note;

From the next chapter, the plot is actually starting. So these 35 chapters were basically, maybe like prologue? If you saw the genre of this story, you know that this will be about dimension, magical realism something, something, & there also might be a little action involved. (like a lot of fighting, kidnapping, & stuff)