What it reminded him.

Thursday;

Somehow, I couldn't focus at all during classes, & before I even noticed, school had already ended.

I walked through the corridor absent-mindedly; how could it be? Why did I...? 

  'No!' the kids walking in the corridor jolted, & went far around, muttering about me, but I couldn't care less. Something much more...

 The ability to remember everything you hear, feel, touch, or see, even once. Panmesia, the so called photographic memory. The opposite of amnesia which meant 'without memory,' in ancient Greek, so why had I forgotten about such a trivial thing? Or,is it because it's trivial I had forgotten about it?! ( Rhys didn't even know how seriously his simple words affected Aubrey)

 'No! I remembered everything even if it was trivial, & even at my fatal moments. Don't know! I don't know what it means to forget! It's not in my dictionary, you darned... aish!'

 And that's when I finally realized I got lost, again; not exactly lost, I remembered this structure of the hall. It was when I got lost that night, & that melody... that melody he played, helped me focus, & calm down.

That room... it's that room. 

My hand reached out to the knob, & pulled it forward to go in the room, the music room; there was harp next to the window, & a big black piano in the middle of the room, guitars lined along the walls. Maybe it would've been better to just ask Allan to play that melody once more, but Allan wasn't there, & I just felt like I needed to hear the melody right at the moment. I closed the door behind me, & strode towards the piano in the middle of the room. It  was bright, because the room was facing the side where the sun was setting with colors of vivid red blending with blue. I hummed the melody I heard softly in my mouth, as I sat down, & pulled the fall board up; piano wasn't really my thing, & I knew to play this, good, in fact excellent memory wasn't enough, but I would still try. 

I pressed the notes which might've sounded similar to the first part, humming in my mouth to check at the same time.

 Before I knew hours had passed, & it was getting darker in the room, however I memorized how to play the first part of the melody at least. Though I wouldn't say it sounded exactly like he played, mine a little slower, & clumsy, but it sounded similar.

 'Hah,' I sighed as I stretched my stiff arms, while looking up; 'Oh my!' I cried out when I saw Allan staring at me with strange look.

 'You learned it,' he said with no smile on his face, the setting sun made the whole room look red in its ray, & that made him look more creepy.

'Mm...' Perhaps I wasn't supposed to play it, of course I wouldn't like it either if some person was singing the song I was singing after they heard it.

 'I'm... so-'

'How did you learn it so fast?' he asked, & I looked up at him in surprise; 'Oh, I... uh...' how do I explain it? I have the ability to remember everything I heard, touched, felt, or saw, even once. I have the so called disease named Panmesia... that would sound more like I'm boasting about it, not explaining.

 He walked around the piano to come behind me; 'Won't you tell me?' he put his hand on the piano covering mine, & I pulled it out of his grip.

 This is a bit too much. Why is he...? I glanced at his face nervously, but when I saw his face I was completely frozen; he looked enraged, absolutely mad. The smile was back on his face, but somehow he looked only more terrifying with it.

 'So, how did you learn it? Could it be that you-?'

'Whatever you're thinking, you're right! I meant you're me, no wrong! I only wanted to hear that melody again because it was... because... because it... reminded me of something.' What did it remind me of? What am I talking about?

 He sat on the bench next to me; 'What did it remind you of?'

 'I don't know, what does it remind you of?' I turned towards him; he still looked kind of mad, but at least he was holding back now. Aish, this little-

    'You're prying,' he said, & then I suddenly thought of a reason why he was so mad, making my anger dissipate. 

'Father... it reminds you...' his hand twitched on the piano; 'Hmm, I see.'

  'Anyways, play it for me then. I can't play someone else's song, I'd get sued.'

'You won't get sued for something as trivial as this, but don't play it again without my permission.'

 'Alright, alright. I'll do you a favor, since I played your song without permission.' Somewhat, I felt this strange feeling like I wasn't supposed to be angry at him, for the way he was looking at me, like he wanted to kill me. I felt that, for once I deserved it, maybe.

 'You don't need to.'

'I will anyways, for an apology. So, are you going to play it?'

(some things appearing in this book are strictly fictional, so please don't search up the words that don't exist, or has an another meaning, on the internet just so you can start a fight with me. There might be songs, or poems that don't exist in real life, I'm just warning you beforehand. Seriously, this is not sarcasm. There are some fictional stuff in this book, because this is a fictional book.)