Chapter 18 {Brothers}

Part 1 - Family

10 years ago
The Shinazugawa Residence

Four children were seen at the front door of their house desperately trying to pull a young Sanemi back inside.

Sanemi: "Let me go!!!" He exclaimed, the children immediately responded with a loud 'no!' as they pulled even harder. Two other children, one being a young Genya, sat down on the floor and watched as the others tried pulling his brother back in.

Genya: "Hey, Teiko. Should we stop them?"

Teiko: "hmmm... dunno. What do you think mom?"

Shizu: "hm~ hm~ it's up to you dear~" She hummed sweetly as she washed the dishes in the sink.

Teiko: "...Well if you say so." She laid down and closed her eyes.

Genya: "Oh come on Teiko.."

Teiko: "What? Mom said it was up to me."

Genya: "Fine, I'll be the one to do it..." He sighed and got up. He walked over to the front door and helped his elder brother by getting his other siblings to let go of him.

Sanemi: "Jeez! Finally!!" He ran over to a young man with an average build and short, spiky black hair.

Shizu: "Ah, you're brothers and sisters adore you so much Sanemi."

Koto: "Don't make it weird mom!"

Hiroshi: "Yeah, we don't care what he's doing. We wanna go with Masachika!!" They pointed over to the same man standing outside with black hair.

Masachika: "Ahaha... well we're going to play baseball. And you little fellas don't meet the proper height requirement and all. So sorry." He scratched the back of his head and chuckled. The children muttered and looked down in defeat. "Ah-! I- Don't worry!! I'll try to get some uh... plastic balls and bats so you all can play too!" He frantically trying to cheer them up.

Hiroshi: "Really?!"

Sumi: "Yay!!!"

Sanemi: "...tch."

.

.

.

Kyogo: "What did I tell you?!" He howled and tugged his sons arm.

Sanemi: "I know!! I'm sorry!!! I-" His father had lashed him on the side of his head before he could fully apologize. This punishment his father gave him would last for only ten minutes before his mother came to try and calm them both down, it felt like hours for Sanemi.

Shizu: "Kyogo! Stop, he understands what he did was wrong!! You can stop now!!!"

Kyogo: "Stay out of this!!" He swung his hand back blindly and hit her in the face unknowingly. He then turned back to Sanemi and began penalizing him. Kyogo had stopped and turned around to his wife laying on the floor, holding her face and crying. He let go of Sanemi's hand and took deep breaths. "Get out of my sight." He ordered to Sanemi who froze up for a bit until he said it again in a more exasperated tone. "GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" He yelled and rose his hand up, letting Sanemi know what he'd do if he stayed any longer.

Sanemi ran out of the room, tears running down his face and bruises on his face. He ran downstairs and into his room where his siblings were. The looks on their faces told him that they heard everything, they wanted to comfort him but Sanemi blocked them away and jumped into his bed then pulled the covers over his face.