Chapter 16 {UMAI!}

So sorry that this one took me forever to publish! I got stumped with some irl problems. Thankfully I was able to write some stuff during it.
Also! I'm mainly focusing on the teacher's and character building, for now, so I guess this would have some kind of cool name for an arc in an anime or something lol. But besides that, I hope you enjoy the chapter. And hopefully, I don't miss too many days again!

Kimetsu Academy, Tuesday 9:43 A.M

Off Day week has come to an end and everyone in the city has gone back to working at their jobs.

Every student from the academy is in their classrooms either writing down notes in their notebooks or if they're anything like Zenitsu or Inosuke, then they're most likely using this time to finish the homework they were given the week before Off Day.

Zenitsu: "I hate this..." He ground as he tapped his pen onto his head. Outside was as cloudy as it ever could be, the sun barely any chance to shine for the whole day.

Inosuke: "Hey, Monitsu.. you know the answer for number twelve?" He looked over to Zenitsu and asked, all slouched over with his head on the table.

Zenitsu: "It's Zenitsu. And no, I'm as lost as you on this one." He sighed. Cursing himself that he'd somehow managed to be on the same level as Inosuke.

Inosuke: "hmmm. Usually, Aoi would help me with these sorts of problems... but she went and got herself sick. He turned his head back over to the question paper riddled with math problems.

Zenitsu: "You know what. I'm just going to guess them."

Inosuke: "Oi, Hinjisu. You know what happens to students when a student gets an answer wrong.."

Zenitsu: "Yeah. I know how strict Mr. Shinazugawa can be sometimes. But these questions are just way too hard! I mean seriously, what was he thinking?!" He became more frustrated by the second.

Inosuke: "mhm... Hey, what about you Gonpachiro?" He asked. Tanjiro didn't answer so Inosuke decided to ask him again, which also got no response.

Zenitsu: "Tanjiro?" He asked in more of a worried tone than Inosuke. He reached out his arm to tap him on the shoulder.

Tanjiro: "Huh?" He jumped back a little after Zenitsu patted him. "Oh, you guys need something?" He looked over to Inosuke and Zenitsu to which both had concerned looks on their faces.

Zenitsu: "You... alright?"

Tanjiro: "Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He yawned.

Zenitsu: "When's the last time you slept?"

Tanjiro: "...I don't know... but is there anything you all need?" He smiled as his head swayed from left to right. Both of his friends could immediately tell he needed sleep.

Inosuke: "Well... I was going to ask you if you could help us with our math homework but I think you should take a nap."

Tanjiro: "Aw, that's nice of you Inosuke. But I'll help you guys no problem!"

Inosuke: "No, no. I'm telling you to go to sleep."

Tanjiro: "It's fine. I'm fine."