Chapter 8 {It's Your Future, Kanao}

It's been 3 weeks since Tanjiro and Nezuko has joined Kimetsu Academy.
Their small circle of friendship would grow not as big as they hoped, but they both know that it would take a long time for them to get it the way they want it to.

Due to the amount of days which had past, they made a couple of friends during that time. Zenitsu, Murata and Ozaki. Inosuke is just there to try and agitate Tanjiro into fighting him and Aoi is only there to shut him up, but they still fit in their circle of friendship...somewhere...

Inosuke: "Wait, what's a flamingo?" He asked with a confused expression on his face.

Zenitsu: "You see Tanjiro? This is the crap I have to go through when your not around." He said to Tanjiro on the phone.

Tanjiro: "Oh c'mon, you'll be just fine Zenitsu! I only went to buy a snack, I'll be back in a few minutes." He assured him.

Zenitsu: "You better, wha- INOSUKE!!! GET OFF OF THE ROOF!!! W- WAIT! DON'T JUMP OFF!!!!"

Inosuke: "I CAUGHT IT! LOOK WIMPY KID! I CAUGHT THE BIRD- AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!" The call had cut out after Inosuke's scream, it sounded as though he had fallen off of something.

Tanjiro: "Hello? Hello? Zenitsu? You there? Hmmm...the call probably cut out or something..." He said with a worried look on his face while turning off his phone and then putting it in his pocket. "I should hurry, stuff didn't sound to good on their end of the call..."

Tanjiro picked up a pack cookies and a water bottle, bought them, then ran out of the store hoping everything was okay with the others. While crossing roads and then making his way over to Kimetsu Academy, he noticed a cat in a tree hissing at a girl. Tanjiro paused after noticing this, takin deep breaths from all of the speed walking and running he did he took a deep breath and decided he was going to help it down.

Tanjiro: "Um, hi. You need help getting your cat down?" He asked pointing at the cat and looking at the girl. She just smiled at him, not saying a word. The just looked at each other...not saying anything...it got really quiet, there were no cars driving by, not birds chirping...nothing...it was just two of them and a cat. Tanjiro began to sweat a little due to the speed walking he did to get here and the awkwardness in the 'conversation' didn't help either. "Do you uh, need any-" Tanjiro tried to ask again but was cut off by the girl reaching in her pocket and then took out a coin.

Tanjiro: "wh- a coin? What's it for?" He asked. The girl, still not uttering a word. She didn't answer and flipped the coin she had and caught it with her left hand and land it on the back of her right hand. She uncovered her left hand from her right and looked down at the coin, Tanjiro was also looking at it, the coin was facing tails. She let looked back up at Tanjiro with one of the biggest surprises in his life.

The girl: "I was just following my Sensei's orders. This cat just doesn't seem to like me, that is all." She stated smiling with the same smile she had before but this time it had a little bit more emotion to it, but it wasn't too different.

Tanjiro: "Hey, you talked to me!" He said with a warm smile on his face.

The girl: "I'll be fine."

Tanjiro: "A coin? It says "heads" and "tails" huh? How come you flipped it?" He asked happily. She looked back down at the coin and said, "I flip this to decide what I haven't been told to do something. I just decided whether or not to speak to you. 'Don't speak' was heads and 'speak' was tails, because it came up tails, I spoke to you." She answered. "Why don't you decide for yourself?" Tanjiro questioned once again.

The girl: "It doesn't matter." She replied smiling with her eyes closed and with the same soft monotone but cute voice.

Tanjiro: "I don't think there's anything in the world that doesn't matter." He said. The girl didn't respond, but her facial expression changed, she had a more serious and confused look on her face. There was a long pause after what Tanjiro had said, it felt as though it had gone back the same awkward silence the had before but this time, there's roles were reversed. The girl was the one feeling confused and Tanjiro was the one thinking about something.