Upcoming FF?

Upcoming FF?

Every soul have always had a spot. A blank line that always shouts to be filled. Some kind of thirst that always crave for something. Something not one could answer.

For a moment there I thought I had pulled everything in my life together. All pieces of my life were falling to its places. Every little puzzle were collected through all these years, yet now, one of it has to be taken away and placed in an even better box right next to Him.

There's nothing more I value than friendship and family now. Knowing nothing but my name makes me realize the importance of other people in your life. You'll be gone, that's for sure. Kidnapped, brainwashed, virus, death, anything could take you away in a blink of an eye. What matters is how the memory of you would still be alive in other's mind. How you'll still be remembered though you're not physically there.

"Love?"

I turn my face to the man next to me. The love of my life who was pale and expressionless. His usual all high body posture was exchanged with a low weak one as he take my hand. He gently plants a kiss on my temple like he wanted to give me some support when clearly he was the one on the edge of a breakdown. This news was too sudden for us. None of us expected this. It was just too out of the blue.

The both of us were standing next to a wooden coffin. The very last place a close friend of ours would lay at. I can't even believe that we're now attending his funeral. It was just too unbelievable for us to comprehend.

"Sienna?"

I turn my head to the source of sound. My gaze immediately soften at the sight of the girl that called me. Her eyes were bloodshot and her makeup was way worse than my level. She was always the kind of girl you know to always look elegant and sophisticated but what happened now surely had broken her walls.

"Oh, Kiera" I said as I run to her. My arms quickly find their ways to envelope her body closely. There isn't anything exactly I could do to help her at the moment. To tell you the truth, I'm in need of a hug and assurance too but who would ever need more shoulder to lean on by the person who just lost their lover, right?

"I lost him. I lost him, Sienna, I lost Winston"

Kiera cries and sobs in my arms. Her body shakes and whimpers hard from her cries and to tell you the truth, I was in the edge of crying also. Winston was a very close friend of mine. Since we were in the Maze, we had spent a lot of time and memories together and to know that we could never recreate those times really torn my soul.

Suddenly, big arms envelopes the two of us together. I didn't need to look up to see who it was. The smell of his perfume and how warm his embrace was already gave me the ultimate clue - it was none other than Gally.

"Gally" Kiera trembled as Gally pulled her for a single hug.

Gally pats Kiera's back slowly as he whispered to her ears. I take a step back as I watch the two trying to be strong to each other. As strong as Gally looks and say to Kiera, I know deeply how broken he is. Winston was one of his close friend also, closer than my friendship with him, and it was no deny that Gally was really crushed from the news.

"It's alright.. We can go through this, Ky" Gally said.

I hold in the tears that threatened to fall as I take a big breath in. This is too much. Watching my family breaks down and cry like this is surely the worst scene to ever witness. I've sworn to myself to never let any of my family being hurt or threatened as I officially get out of W.C.K.D freely but I just-

W.C.K.D.

No way.

I quickly turn myself away and walk outside the chapel. I should've realise it sooner. A guy like Winston survived living in a Maze and the flare virus, so tell me one reasonable reason for a guy like him to be found dead on a bathtub. Slipped and hurt his head to death?