Chapter 17 - "I've been waiting for you for two years now."

Start from the beginning

I heard Luca's voice yell my name again, a lot closer this time, but the anonymous stalker continued talking. "I've always disliked him. He was always lingering around you, flirting with you, with my girl." He trailed the tip of the knife up my neck towards my lips. "We should tell him to back off because you're gonna love me now, right love?"

"I don't think so." I spoke bitterly, sneering.

"Yeah, what she said." Came a different voice, and the stranger was yanked off of me. I got yanked along because of his tight grip, but the other person immediately pulled me away from the stalker and punched him straight in the face. The impact of the hit pushed him to the ground and the mysterious savior turned to me. 

"Are you okay?! He gripped my arms and asked me in a panicked voice. Luca's voice. "Did he hurt you?!"

"I-I'm okay." I stuttered due to fear and shock. "Thanks." 

He sighed in relief. "I was chasing and you suddenly disappeared in the dark. I looked everyw-" Before he could complete his sentence, the stranger had got up and punched him away from me.

"Luca!" I screamed in worry.

"Stay away from her, Andrews! She's mine!" He went to kick Luca but he grabbed his ankle and pulled him down, quickly jumping up and began punching him. I watched, frozen, as he continued hitting him and the stranger struggled to fight back.

Multiple thoughts were swirling in my mind. Who is that stranger? Why is he after me? What does he want? Is he the guy who asked me out in freshman year? What would have happened if Luca hadn't come and I couldn't manage to fight the stranger? I hope Luca doesn't get hurt. My eyes were fixed on the two guys fighting before me but my mind was too jumbled up and shocked for me to do something.

"Why don't you just stick with Nicole?!" I was snapped out of my thoughts as the asked Luca, punching him but he dodged. "You are her boy toy."

He is NOT Nicole's boy toy! Wait, why am I defending him?

"Why don't you stay away from Cindy?!" Luca snapped back and threw a punch at him, making him stumble backwards.

"She's not yours!" The stranger yelled, punching him back, sending him stumbling into a nearby trashcan.

"She is, more than you!" For some reason, some weird and unknown reason, I blushed slightly when Luca said that.

I'm not his! I'm nobody's!

But your cheeks seem to like the idea of being his. My mind retorted. Or maybe it was my heart.

Shutup!

The stranger punched Luca again, pushing him to the ground and gripped my arm. "I will come again to get you, and I hope your dear boyfriend won't be around to interrupt again. And just so you know, I'm not the only one after you." He sprinted after giving me his threat. 

"Hey! Where are you going?! Coward!" Luca yelled after him but made no attempt to move. I just stood there, frozen, as he walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me once again, holding my arms. His grip was more gentle than the stranger's. He was inspecting my face carefully and tears finally escaped my eyes. "Hey, it's okay, I won't let him hurt you." He said in a soft and concerned tone I'd never heard him use, and tucked my head under his chin, wrapping his arms around me.

I cried. I cried because I was scared, because I had unknown enemies coming after me, because I was all alone to protect myself from them. It was one of those rare times when I felt alone and weak, so I cried.