Chapter 29 - I had it coming.

Cindy's P.O.V:-

I had it coming.

Even though I keep telling myself that, the blow I felt just a while ago still remains in my chest, the pain feels like a tight brace around my ribs. I can't help the tear that escapes my eye as I walk further away from The Andrews' mansion. A part of me is surprised that Luca hasn't come after me, though the other part of me is hurt and mad, the part which wants to have no more connection with him anymore.

I take out my phone and dial Krista's number, clearing my throat as the bell rings.

"Cindy! Is everything okay? I just saw you rushing to the door with Luca after you, then you left. You looked angry. What happened?" Her voice is clearly conveying her concern.

"Its a long story. Can you please cover up for me and tell Mrs.Andrews that I left because of an emergency? Tell her I suddenly felt sick." The excuse isn't a lie so I hope Mrs.Andrews understands.

"Sure, will do. But are you okay? Are you going home?"

"Yeah, and I'm fine."

"Okay. Take care, okay? You know my number if you need me."

"Thanks Kris."

"I'll make sure to torment that ass for you." She offers.

"No! No, don't bother." I say with a little laugh. "But thanks."

"Anytime, Cinderella." The nickname makes the pain reappear in my chest.

"Bye then."

"Bye, take care."

"You too."

I pocket my phone and continue walking towards an undecided destination. Feeling the need for some alone time and fresh air, I direct my feet towards the park. The nearest park is the one Luca and I usually go to, and even though I don't want anything Luca-related right now, I still go there, though I don't sit on our usual hill. Instead, I sit under the shade of another tree, completely resting my weight against it's bark.

I rest my head back, shutting my eyes and sighing.  What was I expecting? That he'll suddenly change now that we were friends?  I shake my head at the thought. Players like him don't change. They simply get a kick out of the chance to take advantage of people and play with them, to pass their timeDid he not just prove it? That I was " just fun and games" to him?

I felt so stupid. How could I not see it coming from his suddenly-nice-and-friendly attitude? How could I allow myself to even like him when I very well knew what kind of a guy he was?!

Stupid.

I run a hand through my hair and attempt to calm myself down, to assure myself. I'm sure that whatever I felt for him was merely because of us being good friends. I'm certain that whatever I felt, I can control and put a stop to it.