Chapter 25 - "Missing your future wife?"

Cindy's P.O.V:-

It had been a week since I had been kidnapped then released. My dad had been making more efforts to keep up with how I was doing. Not that he didn't talk to me before, but I didn't mind his efforts one bit.

Other than the police, my dad, Luca, and I, Sienna, Grace, and Luca's friend Chris were the only ones who knew about the incident. Sandra and her daughters were clueless, dad had taken care of that.

Sienna and Grace were too speechless to react when I had told them. Chris came to know because he had walked in on a shirtless Luca in his room, noticing his bandaged shoulder, and from what I've come to know, Chris doesn't rest until he gets answers. Proper answers. He had also spotted me in the house, and Luca told him that I was there to babysit his sister. It wasn't a complete lie. Chris was convinced, but he still kept smirking and wiggling his eyebrows, pointing at me and Luca.

A few questions had risen about Nicole's sudden absence from school. As much as I had gathered, nobody knew that Nicole was actually in juvenile, instead of being out of country, like I heard someone at school saying to their friend.

I had just reached The Andrews' mansion door when it opened suddenly, then closed with a slam. I jumped back a few steps and looked up at Luca's face, his jaw clenched.

He glanced at me then stormed past me, yanking his keys out of his pocket. Frowning, I followed him to the garage.

"Luca? You okay?" I asked as he unlocked his car. He ignored me.

"Luca!" I repeated.

"What do you want?!" He snapped, turning around sharply.

I stopped abruptly, taken aback. "Um, first of all, rude! Secondly, I was gonna ask if you're okay because you looked troubled. But if you wanna be a stuck up cheerleader, suit yourself!" With that said, I turned around and marched inside. Acting upon a strange thought, I locked the door, locking him out of his own house, knowing well that he had a key.

I wonder what bit him today. I thought as I entered the kitchen. Finding Krista in her usual place, I voiced my thoughts to her.

"Oh, he just had a row with his mother." She told me sheepishly.

"About what?"

"I dunno." She shrugged. "I don't understand Italian much."

"Italian?" I frowned.

"Yeah." This time it was her turn to frown. "He's Italian, didn't you know?"

"I guess not." I said, thinking if I had ever noticed anything Italian about Luca.

"Haven't you noticed Mr.Andrews's accent?!" She questioned with wide eyes. "Well its subtle, but its there."