Chapter 20 - Gabriel Owen

A.N: Please note the change in P.O.V. and read the note at the end!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUCA'S P.O.V:-

I couldn't get that incident out of my mind. What on earth made me do it?! I didn't know if I regretted it or not. It somehow felt right, like I wanted it. Why? I didn't know.

Why, Andrews? Was that your player instinct? Was it because of the close proximity? Or was the reason what you're thinking it was? And....are you talking to yourself again?

I shook my head and focused on trying to shoot the ball in the basket on our backyard wall. Cindy had left about 15 minutes ago. She had ignored me all day! I didn't know what exactly I wanted to talk about but I was just checking if we were cool with each other or not. I didn't have any explanation of why I almost kissed her. After a number of tries, I got pissed off and stopped attempting to talk to her.

Its not like I was gonna confess my eternal love to her and ask her to marry me right then and there! I don't even like her like that! Right?

But there was something in that moment. Something about being friends with her, if that's what our weird relation could be called, was different than being with my other female acquaintances. I felt this weird, unnamed, yet familiar feeling with Cindy.

Cindy....she's nowhere close to Cinderella, unlike her name, but she's cool the way she is. Honestly, I like her like this. She-ENOUGH WITH THE CORNY SH*T, FRIKIN ROMEO!

I huffed and threw the ball aside, walking inside. I put my phone in my pocket and went outside once again, intending for a little walk to clear my mind. Just when I was a few steps away from my house, my phone rang, signalling a text message. I pulled out my phone and unlocked it, opening up the text.

From: Kane

Meet me at the local park, I'm already here.

Oh, so now she wants to talk? Too bad, because I don't. I deleted the message and put the phone back in my pocket. I was pissed that she avoided me all day and then she suddenly wanted to talk. Even though I didn't intend on going to the park, I found my mind wondering what Cindy wanted to talk about.

Maybe she wants to talk about the kiss? Maybe she wanted to say that it was okay and we could continue being friends, or maybe she wanted to say that she was mad at me for what happened and we can't be friends anymore.

Stop over-thinking, you're such a girl!

Reluctantly, and out of curiosity, I directed my feet towards the direction of the park and sighed. You're in deep trouble, man.

I reached the park shortly and looked around at the area dimly illuminated by the street lights. There was nobody to be found, even though Cindy said she was already there. I took out my phone and sent a message to her, saying "I'm here". Thinking that maybe she had gone home because I hadn't told her that I was coming, I decided to wait for a few minutes and kept looking around. I was getting annoyed, thinking it was a joke, when something hard hit my head from behind. I stumbled forward with a small cry of pain, and my eyes started to close. I struggled to stay conscious and defend myself, to fight the attacker, and turned around but the attacker muttered something like "damn it" and hit my head again, harder this time. I stumbled back once again, and this time when my eyes closed, darkness took over completely and I passed out.