Chapter 13 - "Stop trying to be an angel!"

A.N:- Re written chapter, a few important changes made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Cindy's P.O.V:-

I reached home, going straight up to my room, before checking if my father was home, which he was. He was asleep in his room. I hope he had had dinner.

After taking a shower, I went downstairs to look for food. I'd be surprised if I found anything homemade, since I'm the one who cooks and Sandra had been ordering food from some restaurant or just been bringing takeouts.

No surprise, there wasn't any sign of dinner in the fridge. There was in the dustbin beside the fridge though, two empty boxes of pizza and soda cans.

I went to the living room where Sandra was watching T.V.

"No dinner?" I asked her, not rudely but not very politely either.

"There's money on the fridge top in the storage can. Order for yourself." She said, her eyes on the T.V screen.

Without making any more conversation, I went back to the kitchen and stood on my toes to reach the storage can, in which we kept random stuff like spare change, spare fridge magnets, buttons, lists, sticky notepad, pen, etc. Finding the money, I went back to my room and picked up my cellphone, getting inside covers and ordered some pizza.

A few minutes later, when I was in the middle of preparing for my math exam tomorrow, I heard the doorbell ring and quickly skipped downstairs towards the door. I paid the delivery guy and skipped back to my room with my food when Chelsea came out of her room, her phone in her hand.

She looked up and opened my pizza box without permission and picked out a slice, biting into it.

"Yum, thanks." She said and started walking downstairs. I scowled. She took my food, without permission like she was a princess or something.

"Actually, no thanks." I said and took the slice back and continued walking towards my room as she watched me with her mouth opened. "Wait." I turned around again. "On second thoughts, keep it." I said, shoving it in her hand. "It might have princess bacteria on it." And with that, I walked away once again as she watched me with narrowed eyes and a dropped jaw.

I know that was rude, but she wasn't all disney-princess-nice with me either.

A while later, my eyes were drooping as I struggled to study for the test, when I gave up and closed the book in-front of me. I walked over to the window to get some fresh air.

I opened up the window and put my hands on the windowsill, looking out into the night sky when suddenly a flash light hit my face and my head snapped downwards towards the bushes, searching for the source of light. The light flashed over me again and my eyes automatically squinted, and a second later, my eyes widened in fear. Was it that stalker again?! Had he reached my house?!

I quickly ran downstairs and out of the house, with a small vase in my hand.

"Who's there?!" I called out towards the bushes, making my voice come out strong. There was no reply or movement in the bushes, though I did notice a shadow on the street, moving away. I quickly followed.

"Who's there?!" I called out again but there was no reply. I looked around the street, when the light hit my face again, coming from my right. I turned towards my right and saw a silhouette standing under the window on the side wall of the house. The light coming from the window cast down on him dimly and I realized it was a man. My eyes widened in fear as I quickly turned around in the direction of my house and ran inside.