Chapter 24 - "I'm your father!"

Cindy's P.O.V:-

No.

No.

I'm doomed!

Whoever it is, please go back!

"No no no no no!" I whispered frantically, my eyes darting between Luca and the door. "Luca! I'm totally getting fired now!" I said, panicking and desperately looking for a place to hide myself.

"Hey, calm down, Kane." Luca said, walking towards me, but  was too busy searching for a good hiding place.

"Oh no oh no oh no!"

"Cindy  listen-"

"Oh no oh no oh no!"

"CINDY!" He grabbed my arms, giving me a stern stare.

'What?!"

"Calm. Down!"

"Calm down?!"  I whisper-yelled. "If somebody sees me in your room at this time, they might assume something wrong! Which is totally not happening, by the way. And what if it reaches Mrs.Andrews?! I  don't wanna lose my job anytime soon!"

"Just calm down! I'll manage everything, okay?" He tried to assure me, walking to the door while I did nothing close to calming down.

I watched , dreading to see the person on the other side of the door, yet still burning with curiosity as Luca opened the door, revealing....

Stacey...

She stood at the door with her eyes half closed, clutching a stuffed penguin.

"Luca?" She asked in a sleepy voice and walked forwards, hugging Luca's knees and closing her eyes completely.

"Hey princess." He replied, picking her up and resting her head on his shoulder.

Despite the feeling of panic inside me,  I smiled wide at the scene in front of me.

"She was sleep walking." Luca whispered to me as he tucked Stacey in his own bed. "She does that sometimes. Don't worry, she won't remember seeing you here. And I don't think she even saw you."

Feeling assured, I nodded, the smile still lingering on my face. "That was so cute." I commented randomly and he quietly chuckled in response.

"Let's go then?" He suggested as he smoothed out his shirt,  walking towards the door.