Chapter 28 - "This school never fails to surprise me."

Luca's P.O.V:-

I've only been to two classes today and I'm already growing tired of the surprised looks and grins that people have been giving me today. At first, I return those with curious looks, which later turn into confused frowns. I'm on my way to my third class when one of the guys, who I'm acquainted with from class, comes up to me with a surprised expression, yet still grinning.

"DUDE!

"What?" I say, my frown returning.

"That's some good joke you've got playing around the school." His shoulders shake lightly with laughter as we walk to our shared class.

"What joke? I knew something must've been up, everyone has been giving me weird looks today!" My words come out as a unintentional complain.

He raises both his eyebrows, his grin remaining intact. "Come on, stop playing."

I look at him seriously. "Dude, I don't know a thing. Not that I'm not used to of the looks, but they're particularly confusing today."

He finally stops grinning as we enter class, now frowning himself. "So you really don't know?"

"Congratulations, tubelight." I pat him on the back and take my usual seat beside Ben's, which happens to be currently empty.

He rolls his eyes, sitting down to my left and continues. "There's rumor going around that you're getting married!" With the curtains finally opened, he starts chuckling again.

I stop in the middle of taking my book out of my bag and face him. "What in the actual hell?" I ask slowly.

"Of course, I knew it isn't true." He continues in a matter-of-fact tone. because first, you're still in school. Second, unless my knowledge has become old, I don't think you've settled down for one girl yet." My mind instantly wanders off to a very particular direction but his words bring me back. "No offense man, just being honest."

I shake my head. " That is absolutely ridiculous! Married?! Who even started this rumor?!"

"I don't know, Kathryn told me." He shrugs, referring to his girlfriend.

I shake my head once again with a sigh. "This school never fails to surprise me. Specially with the rumors."

The teacher enters the class, closely followed by Ben, who walks straight towards me and plops down in his seat.

"Dude! How dare you not tell me! You're-"

"No, I'm not getting married!" I speak up before he completes his sentence, because I know what he's about to say. "Its a dumbass rumor."

"Oh. I kinda knew it. But I wasn't sure, what with your obsession with Cindy." He grins and the guy I was previously talking to, bursts out in laughter.