✨ Chapter 23: Three's Company

"Aiight I got the breakfast, check, the flowers, check —"

"Desperateness, check." Sienna giggled, approaching her brother from behind.

Turning around with the breakfast tray in his hand, Sabian rolled his eyes in his head at the sight of his sister. Sienna grabbed an apple from the glass bowl in the middle of the island, bringing it to her mouth to take a bite.

"I'm just joking, sheesh." She put her hands up.

"I'm happy someone gets to be in a good mood, it's been a week and I'm still in the dog house." Sabian shook his head, "I'm hoping today I can make things better."

It had been a week since Sabian dropped the news to Kadence about his upcoming tour, and it was safe to say that she still hadn't accepted the news completely. While she didn't shut him out, Sabian could tell that her vibe was different.

She used dance as an excuse for why she couldn't call or see him the entire week, but with her dance recital coming up - Sabian figured she was in grind mode. He wasn't the type to be clingy, so he gave her the space she needed to clear her head.

"Just give her time, how would you feel if you had to watch her be lovey dovey with another man?" Sienna gave her brother a knowing look.

Sabian frowned, "Spare me the lecture sis, Kay ain't been as easy on me as you think...but that's all about to change." he said with a sneaky smile.

Grabbing everything he needed from the counter, he headed upstairs to his bedroom where he left Kadence fast asleep. After avoiding him for the entire week, she finally gave in to his pleas for her to come spend the night with him although she was still feeling emotionally distant.

"What's this?" Kadence smiled tiredly, waking up just in time as her surprise arrived.

"Just a little something to get your day started, you know what today is right?" Sabian smirked as he placed the tray over her lap.

She sighed, "Of course I do, a stressful one."

"Not if I can help it, can I have a morning kiss though?" He poked his lips out.

"Mhhh I don't know, did you brush your teeth yet?"

"Nah, but you didn't either. I can feel that heat from up here" Sabian joked, "Come on, don't leave me hanging."

Kadence playfully rolled her eyes, puckering her lips out to meet Sabian's. She looked down at the breakfast he had prepared for her that consisted of all her favorites, along with a bouquet of sunflowers that brought a smile to her face.

"Thank you Si, you didn't have to do this." She said as she smelled the flowers.

"I wanted to, I know today is a big day for you."

"That it is, I'm gonna hurry and eat this so I can get going."

"Sounds good, I'ma take this call real quick. Holla if you need anything." said Sabian as he felt his phone began to ring, hoping it was Cash with good news.