✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals

"This is some heat, the streets ain't ready for this" JR exclaimed, nodding his head to the beat of the intro song to Sabian's album

"Definitely, I can see me blasting this shit in my whip right now" Cash added, tuning into the track just as everyone else that lingered around the spacious studio.

With his album drop date in such a close reach, Sabian was working diligently to push out his best work in his career yet. He had to - as every year that passed in the limelight only became more difficult. It was essential that he continue to put out music for the streets especially when there was new niggas coming into the game every day, most of them only needing a catchy dance or hype beat to get them on.

The music industry was brutal, and just as quick as everyone loved you they were just as quick to forget you altogether. And again, that wasn't an option for Sabian. His mind was set on one thing, greatness - and he would continue to achieve it.

"Thanks, appreciate it" Sabian snickered tiredly, "Been up all night perfecting this shit"

"You keeping the same release date, or does T want you to push it back?" Cash asked.

"Keeping it...hopefully"

Sabian raised his eyebrows stressfully as he thought about the last few song choices he was having trouble choosing to end his album with. One specifically being the poetic melody that he hadn't let anyone hear except his producer, as he knew it was completely different than his usual style. However he was intrigued with the song and made it a priority to get it onto the list of submitted tracks.

"Don't forget..that nigga Taz album drop a few days before. You're gonna have to follow that, so I wouldn't push it back anything further~"

"I know, I know" Sabian interrupted his brother.

He hated being reminded of the upcoming rapper Taz, who if he was being honest was killing the charts and online streams. With only six months in the game he was quickly catching up to Sabian's impressive stats; Sabian was never the type to count the next man's bag, but it was hard when everywhere he went people wanted to address the obvious little tension between him and the artist.

JR threw his hands up in defense, "Aiight nigga I'm just saying"

Sabian shook his head, and as he went to respond his phone began vibrating in his pocket. He was glad to be distracted from his brother's instigating, his mouth turning up into a smirk as he read the message on his phone.

"It's cool" he said, standing to his feet after replying, "But everybody out"

"Nigga what?" Cash threw his neck back.

"Yeah man I ain't know it was such a sensitive subject for you" JR laughed.

"Funny, but it's not that. I got someone coming through"