✨Chapter 20: Me and You

"Are we there yet?" Kadence whined

"You know, saying that a hundred times doesn't make us get there any faster." chuckled Sabian, glancing back at Kadence who struggled to make her way through the wilderness path, "I thought you liked exercising."

Kadence blew a piece of stray hair out of her sweaty face. She looked at Sabian as if he had two heads, causing him to clutch his sides in laughter. The two had been hiking for twenty minutes, which was safe to say not her idea of a romantic first date.

"And when did I say that exactly?" She panted, putting her hands on her knees.

Sabian shook his head, "You're a whole dancer, Kay. You can't be serious. Come on bae, we're almost there."

Kadence reluctantly picked up her feet, "That's different, that's fun. Who wakes up and says, hey I'm going to climb Mount Everest."

"Actually a lot of people say that." He laughed, stopping in place to let her catch up along the path. His secret spot wasn't too far away and it was worth the journey.

Once she was caught up, he bent his knees and gestured to his back, "Hop up, I'll carry you the rest of the way."

Kadence smiled in relief, not hesitating to climb onto Sabian's back for an escort the rest of the way. She was in awe of the view from up higher, the vibrant flowers at their prime in the summer weather looking even more majestic. A river flowed on the side of the small mountain, cascading into a waterfall in which she wondered where the ending was.

"I didn't take you for the type to like outdoors, Si." said Kadence, securing her arms around his shoulders.

"Guess you don't know me as well as you think you do." Sabian shrugged.

"I do so."

"Oh yeah, what's my favorite color?"

She scoffed, "Tuh, that's easy. Green."

"Okay, okay" he nodded, "That was clearly too easy. Favorite food?"

"Chicken Alfredo, every hood nigga favorite. Duh."

Sabian howled with laughter, "That's so true. Aiight, since you know so much....my favorite movie genre."

Kadence twisted her mouth in a thinking manner. "Mhhh ....I know you love the classics but that's not your absolute fav. I'm going to go with what's the largest in your collection...horror. The conjuring, house of wax, and Candy man are your top three. But that also depends on what type of night your having, then it would be —"

"Aiight, aiight we get it." Sabian interrupted her.

"Mad that I actually pay attention? Told you I know you."

"Nah, that just means you're a stalker." He chuckled, finally putting her back onto her feet. "And also, we finally made it."

Sabian took a breath, admiring the stunning surroundings and Kadence did the same. She had personally never seen a spot so beautiful - from the splashing of the waterfall into the misty spring, to birds singing from the high tree tops that were draped in vines, it exuded tranquility.