✨ Chapter 18: Need to Know

Cameras flashed from every which way as Kadence walked down the infamous blue carpet with her hand on her hip and a smile on her face

She walked among some of the biggest names in the industry, and the craziest thing was that she actually felt as if she belonged.

This was a moment she had pictured plenty of times in her life but nothing compared to the real thing; Five year old her was screaming inside and twenty two year old her was mentally patting herself on the back for never giving up, despite the challenges she faced on a daily basis.

"Kadence over here, look this way."

"Kadence, do you mind answering a few questions?"

"Kadence, who are you wearing?"

Her eyes widened at the sound of her name being called by paparazzi.

They were paid to care about the big names in the industry, yet here they were yelling her name; It was all surreal.

"Sienna, what do I do?" Kadence asked, never breaking her smile.

"Girl talk to them, it's your time to shine and write your own narrative." Sienna said lowly as she continued to pose for pictures.

Kadence nodded, walking up to the first person she saw with a mic which just so happened to be Sway Calloway.

"Well well well, if it isn't the woman who took the industry by storm; Kadence how you doing girl?"

Kadence chuckled, "I'm good, how are you?"

"Good good, so tell me Kadence how does it feel to be on your first blue carpet?"

"Absolutely surreal, I never could've imagined being here so early on in my career but I'm grateful."

"Anything you looking forward to seeing tonight?" Sway asked

"Call me biased, but I'm most excited to see Madison open the show - she's coming with some heat I don't think you all are ready for."

"Okay okay, speaking of Madison - I had a chance to talk with her and she had nothing but great things to say about you and this performance; how does that feel?"

"It feels great to know that I left a good impression on her; Madison is an absolute sweetheart. She's super talented and I'm just glad that I had the opportunity of working with her."

"Too cute I can't take it, now you know I have to ask how has life been since your breakout performance in Body on Me?"

"Hell" Kadence laughed, "No I'm kidding umm it's been life, you know it's had its ups and it's had it's downs but I made it here so it was worth it in the end."

"Kadence you are a true class act, I hate to see you go but I know I can't hog you - enjoy tonight, congratulations, and make sure you come visit me on Sway in the morning."