✨ Chapter 2: Prancer

Whose alarm is that because it isn't mine Kadence thought to herself as she turned over in a bed that suddenly had an unfamiliar feel to it now that she was awake

Whose alarm is that because it isn't mine Kadence thought to herself as she turned over in a bed that suddenly had an unfamiliar feel to it now that she was awake. She hadn't fully come to just yet but she knew her bed like the back of her hand so she didn't need to open her eyes to know that she wasn't in her own; And if the feeling of the bed wasn't indication enough the body laying next to her definitely let her know that she wasn't home.

After racking her brain for a few minutes trying to remember everything from the previous night but coming up short, her eyes flew open. Almost instantly images of the night before began to flood her mind as she jumped out of bed and began gathering all of her things that just so happened to be sprawled all over the spacious room.

Kadence moved around the room as quickly and as quietly as she could; she knew it was only a matter of time before the guy in the bed would hear his alarm go off just as she had, and honestly she didn't have time for the it's not you, it's me talk this morning nor did she have time to make promises she knew she wouldn't keep. Sneaking out was her best bet and she only hoped that she could make a clean escape before the mystery man woke up.

"Fuck where is my purse" Kadence asked herself quietly as she looked around frantically for the last belonging keeping her in his home longer than she wanted or needed to be.

"Oh shit" she said pausing suddenly.

She stood frozen in her spot as the mystery man began to stir in the bed as if he was about to wake up but luckily for her, he stayed asleep.

After locating her purse underneath his bed, she grabbed it, making sure to snatch her phone before rushing out of his room just as the alarm began to go off again.

Kadence shook her head and laughed to herself as she walked to the elevator and requested her lyft all at the same time. Even though today was a really close call, this routine was nothing new for Kadence who loved to have fun and one night stands just so happened to sometimes be apart of that fun.
However as always - once the sun came up the activities of the night before became a distant memory and she moved on like it never happened.

Kadence was what she liked to call a free spirit, she lived life to the fullest without any regrets and she made sure that she was happy at all times; she knew exactly what it took to live a drama free, fun filled life and she had been succeeding in living that way since she was able to make her own decisions.

"Good morning" Kadence said in a sing song voice as she got into the Nissan Altima there to pick her up. Despite her polite greeting the driver didn't speak back nor did she acknowledge Kadence in any way. However that didn't bother Kadence in the slightest as she knew that as long as she stayed true to herself and always showcased positive energy that's all that mattered. She had no control over anyone else's energy or karma, just her own.

It didn't take long for Kadence to get to her one bedroom apartment located in Downtown Los Angeles and she was grateful for that, especially since she had to meet her best friend Deja at the dance studio within the next hour and she was nowhere near being ready.