✨ Chapter 11: In the Mix

"Finally you remember you have a best friend

"Finally you remember you have a best friend." Deja said as she and Kadence walked into the party being held for some of Hollywood's most elite; And while Kadence wasn't exactly apart of that crowd just yet she was personally invited and wouldn't dare miss the chance to network as much as she could, especially with some of the biggest names in the industry.

Both Kadence and Deja were dressed to the nines, tonight each of them flaunting the outfits they had bought specifically for this occasion earning eyes from everyone around them even though they were technically nobody.

"I'm going to ignore that comment." Kadence said as she scanned the room for Cash, who had invited her to this event during Sabian's pool party and instructed her to find him had she decided to show up.

"Who are you looking for?" Deja asked.

"Cash" Kadence said finally spotting him by the bar area.

"Oh my god am I re~" Deja started but Kadence quickly gave her a stern look as if to tell her not tonight and that was exactly what she meant.

"I'm going to introduce you but please no outrageous fangirling" Kadence pleaded. She knew everyone couldn't be as calm and collected as she was around celebrities but she was hoping Deja could keep it a minimum just for tonight.

Deja took a deep breath before looking over at Kadence who was impatiently waiting for her response. "Okay"

"Promise?" Kadence said holding up her freshly manicured pinky finger, and while to some people pinky promises were childish Kadence felt they held serious weight and always would, and that's why at twenty-two years old she was still living by them.

"Promise" Deja said locking her pinky with Kadence's. Next they began to make their way over to Cash who still hadn't noticed them, and Kadence was sure it was because of the busty woman in front of him.

"Isn't that Taz; oh my god he's so fine." Deja whispered, nodding towards another area of the room; Kadence followed her eyes and they instantly landed on Taz who was already staring at Kadence.

"Yeah that's him." Kadence said holding his stare a little while longer before tearing her eyes away from his.

"What was that." Deja asked not missing the little stare down between Taz and Kadence.

"Cash" Kadence called completely ignoring Deja's question. Simply because she knew how Deja was and she knew she would blow the entire situation out of proportion and it wasn't the time nor the place for that.

"What's up lil mama, I'm glad you made it." Cash said dismissing the woman in front of him and giving Kadence a one armed hug.

"Cash this is my best friend Deja, Deja this is Cash."

"Nice to meet you, pretty" Cash said flashing his perfect smile that made Deja want to melt. But due to her promise to Kadence she kept her composure on the outside and screamed on the inside.