✨ Chapter 22: Life is good

"Ugh I am so exhausted

"Ugh I am so exhausted." Deja collapsed on to the studio floor, breathing dramatically.

"You, I did eight back to back classes," Kadence said, taking a seat next to Deja, "Not to mention the fact that I've been up since five thirty this morning because I had a seven am, do you know the kind of energy you have to conjure up to teach a class at seven am?"

"You worked the hell out of us today Kay let me be tired" Deja rolled her eyes, "Everybody can't be you."

"Maybe not but they could try" Kadence smiled innocently, "And besides I have to work y'all hard, the showcase is next week. Plus I was out for a while so I'm just making up for lost time all while whipping y'all into shape for this show."

"Fine, I guess you have a point there" Deja said as she began to scroll on Instagram, "What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"Hanging out with Sienna" Kadence said, "I was thinking I might give Crystal a call too."

It had been weeks since Kadence worked with Madison and slowly but surely her life had returned to normal with an exception of a few more students in her classes and a blue check on Instagram. However if she was being honest, she missed the rush of working in the industry. It pushed her like teaching classes didn't and she yearned to feel that feeling once more.

"Do you think the offer is still on the table?" Kadence asked, only to be ignored by Deja who was too into her phone to pay attention to Kadence, "Helloooo earth to Deja!"

"Huh, sorry I'm watching Cash's instastory and he was out last night but it doesn't look like a place he'd be with his boys but more so a date" Deja said, "Does this look like a date spot to you?"

Kadence rolled her eyes and sighed. That seemed to be all Deja talked about, as it was always Cash this or Cash that; Kadence was becoming uncomfortable.

"Deja, I'm trying to talk to you about something important." Kadence sighed.

"Okay can you just answer the question first?" Deja asked.

"Okay it looks like a date spot but so what?" Kadence shrugged.

"No not so what we didn't decide we were seeing other people."

"I didn't know you guys were exclusive." Kadence said, her tone laced with sarcasm.

"We're not but how can we advance there if he's dating other people, we haven't even gone out on a date."

"Maybe he's just not that into you D, maybe you should just drop him."

"Sorry Kay, that's not an option," Deja replied, clicking on Cash's story once again to see if there was anything she had missed.

Kadence shook her head, "Anyway what do you think I should do about Crystal?"

"Do you know anything?" Deja asked.