✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After

"Remember the deal Kadence

"Remember the deal Kadence." Sienna said, "Run in, drop the key off and then come right back out. You can not be off schedule today. Sabian will kill both of us if this watch party doesn't go off without a hitch."

Kadence nodded, "I know Si and trust me I wish I didn't have to do this today but I've been putting this off for way too long."

And that was true.

It'd been almost a month since she moved out of her old place and into Sabian's and the key she held in the pocket of her jeans was the only thing holding her back from closing the door on the old Kadence completely.

"I know and I know that this has a lot to do with closing the door on your past and that's why we're here." Sienna said, as if she had been reading Kadence's mind.

Kadence smiled, "Thanks si, be right back."

Getting out of the car Kadence rushed into her old apartment building heading straight for the all too familiar reception area.

Olivia, the receptionist smiled as she watched Kadence approach the front desk, "Hey Kadence."

"Hey Liv, how have you been?" Kadence smiled

"I've been good and I don't even need to ask you. I know you've been good." She smirked

Kadence chuckled, "I can't complain."

Olivia laughed, "I hear that but what can I do for you today?"

"I'm just here to finally drop off my key." Kadence pulled it out of her pants pocket, "I didn't mean to keep it for so long."

"Girl no problem, we've changed the locks already." She chuckled, "But Brian will appreciate you bringing it back anyway."

"Just wanted to cross all my T's and dot all my I's you know what I mean."

Olivia nodded, "Absolutely."

Kadence nodded, "I have to go but it was nice seeing you."

"You too and congratulations on your new show. I'll be tuned in tonight."

Kadence smiled and waved before heading for the front door, almost colliding with the person in front of her.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry." Kadence took a step back, her expression immediately changing once she realized the person she had run into.

"Kadence?"

"Amir."

Kadence hadn't seen her old fling since he had gifted her the flowers responsible for her and Sabian's very first argument and although she had no ill feelings toward him she didn't exactly want to run into him. Going down memory lane wasn't her thing.

"KD...it's been a long time."

"Indeed it has. What are you doing here?"

"Relax, I'm not stalking you or anything." Amir chuckled