chapter 46.

9th May - saturday

"hey! didn't you say you had a party to go to?" simon asks, bursting into his sister's room.

chantelle rubs her tired eyes before sitting up, "yeah.. what time is it?"

"7:36pm." he says glancing at his ben 10 watch. "also, liam is outside waiting for you."

"why didn't you tell me that sooner?" she says, getting up a little too quickly. "tell liam to give me.. uh, ten minutes!"

"okay.." he says before rushing back outside.

chantelle quickly puts on her purple silk dress and then rushes over to her mirror.

she grabs a hair brush and starts to attack her messy afro hair, viciously. once it's knot free she slicks it back into a bun at the back of her head.

chantelle then puts on some hoop earrings and grabs her makeup bag, anxiously.

she adds the tiniest amount of highlight to her cheek bones and quickly does her eyebrows the best she can.

then she adds some mascara and coats her lips with strawberry lipgloss.

oops. that was a bit much.

she grabs all her essential items and stuffs them into her gold river island purse. she quickly puts the bracelet liam bought her and slips on the shoes she bought yesterday and hurries downstairs.

chantelle grabs a small pack of mints from off the counter and has a glass of water before leaving to go and meet liam.

"oh.. it's a bit chilly." she says to herself as the late evening wind hits her dark brown skin.

"yeah.. i'm not surprised since you're wearing basically nothing." liam comments with a slight smirk. she glances towards him, slightly annoyed.

"ha. ha." she says, sarcasm oozing from her tired voice.

"simon told me that you've been moping around all day." he says his smirk long gone. chantelle scoffs and avoiding his eyes.

"i was just having some alone time, away from.." she stops when she realises that he's watching her.

"me?" he says finishing her sentence. she sighs.

"yes, and so what?" she asks getting defensive. liam shrugs.

chantelle looks towards her front door, finally noticing that her brother has been standing there listening.

"simon, liam and i are gonna go now.. so make sure you lock the door and don't do anything stupid--okay?" she says giving him a warning look. he nods.

"mum and dad will be home soon, just have some leftover pizza in the fridge and don't forget to call me if anything goes wrong, alright?" she says before smiling, softly. simon nods and waves goodbye before going inside.

"i want some leftover pizza." liam whispers from behind her. she turns around and raises a brow at him.

"you don't get any." she sneers, before looking at his outfit.

liam is wearing a light blue button up with a pair of black jeans that has an 'edgy' chain on it. his hair is in its naturally long curly state and his bare face shines under the bright street lamps glare.

"you cleaned up nicely." she says before walking towards his car. liam chuckles, dryly.

"really? thanks." he replies as they get into the car, slowly. chantelle crosses her arms and smirks, coolly, before saying: