chapter 10.

13th April - monday

chantelle stretches as she rises from her bed. she checks the time on her phone.

7:50am

she also sees messages from rachel and liam.

liam: wake up!
10 minutes ago

rachel: school starts at 8:45, don't forget x
2 minutes ago

chantelle peaks out the window. she can see liam frantically trying to get ready. she leans forward and calls out to him.

"liam!" she says her voice low. she clears her throat and tries again.

"liam!!" she screeches leaning against her window sill. she sees him stop and turn to the window.

liam's face pops out from his curtains. he looks so baffled. his hair is a mess. his eyes are squinted. his lips still as soft and plump as usual.

he smiles when he sees chantelle.

"what's the matter? why are you freaking out?" she asks slightly concerned. he shrugs.

"i woke up 10 minutes ago, you weren't awake and i was getting worried that we were going to be late on your first day and-" he stops when he sees her yawning.

"it seems like you care more about my first day than i do." she says taking her hair down from a high ponytail. her curly black hair bounces, carelessly around her shoulders.

"i'll be ready soon, just go and sort yourself out." she says trying to be reassuring. he nods slowly and turns away from his window.

chantelle gets up quickly and stumbles over to her wardrobe. she quickly chooses an outfit.

she picks out a blue polo shirt and a short black skirt. she washes her face, then she chooses a silver pair of stud earrings. she puts on her white flats.

chantelle puts hair into a tight bun and grabs her small backpack on the side of her bed. she goes downstairs and into the kitchen.

she kisses her mom and dad goodbye and grabs simon.

"hey! i didn't finish my breakfast." he whines as they stumble through the door. she glares at him as they walk up to liam's front door.

chantelle knocks in the door, heavily whilst tapping her foot. liam opens his door, slowly.

liam is wearing a black blazer with matching trousers. his white t-shirt stands out against the suit. his shiny black shoes shine in the sunlight.

his hair is neatly placed over to one side and his skin looks even brighter than it was twenty minutes ago. his bright eyes are staring directly at chantelle.

he sees chantelle standing there with simon's hand wrapped around hers. he smiles.

"is this your brother?" he asks looking down at the boy whose staring up at him. she sighs.

"no, he's an alien from space." she deadpans, still tapping her foot on the grass. liam smirks.

"right. let's go." he says taking the hint. she huffs and follows him.

"where's taylor?" chantelle asks. liam sighs and runs his hands through his hair, messing it up.

"my mum took him by car instead." he explains putting his hands in his pockets. chantelle nods.

"so, how far is this place?" she asks as she drags simon along. he looks down at her.

"uh.. well it's slightly further down from where asfc is. it's a five minute walk from there." he says watching simon as he fumbles with his jacket.