chapter 21.

"what now?"

chantelle's faint voice speaks out into the dreadful silence. liam shakes his head, unsure.

she watches as his hand, that was once touching her cheek, runs through his wild hair. his face seems to be full of conflict and confusion.

liam realises that she's watching and turns to her. he tries to think of something, anything that he can say to help the awkward situation.

"why do i feel like kissing you again?" chantelle asks speaking his thoughts aloud. he glances up towards her and notices how her eyes seem reminiscent and clouded with so many thoughts.

she blinks and ignores her obsessive thoughts and leans up to liam. he tenses, slightly and watches as she struggles to decide what to do next.

"can i kiss you again?" she asks softly touching his neck. he doesn't no what to say, so he just lets her touch him.

chantelle trails her fingers across his collarbone, just like she did before when she was drunk. she places her hand on his cheek and leans in, again.

he lets her kiss him and he kisses her back, softly. his body starts to get warm as his adrenaline rises. he grips her waist, tightly in his arms. his fingers tickle her side.

chantelle smiles in between every kiss as the tingles come back. he continues to kiss her and feels his head lighten. he hears her humming out of satisfaction. he smirks at that and places his hand on her chest.

she feels his warm hand rest on her chest, lightly as he pushes her up against the car door. she smirks and takes his hand in hers, willingly.

liam feels their hands connect and groans as a small tingling feeling begins to make his adrenaline pump faster. liam feels her other hand resting on his cheek and he leans into her touch more.

when he opens his eyes, he realises that chantelle is pressed against the door of his car. he pulls away and looks at her. his breathing is slightly heavy but he smiles as she opens her eyes.

she looks up at him with a glint of happiness in her eyes. he tilts his head at that and squeezes her hand, softly.

"i've decided." chantelle says a small smile in her lips. his eyebrows furrow, slightly in confusion.

"what do you mean?" he asks before clearing his throat. she rolls her dark brown dry eyes at his forgetfulness.

"you told me to admit that i like you and i said as a friend or more than that, then you told me to decide." she explains as she touches her lips, slowly.

"i like you a lot, liam." she admits smiling, shyly. he smirks at her, embarrassed state.

"you know what? i like you a lot too."

it's 8:29pm.

chantelle and liam have just reached to their houses. his car is parked up in his driveway.

chantelle's hand still rests in liam's as he walks her to her front door. she smiles as she looks up at him, her eyes shy.

he's too cute.

"you didn't have to walk me to my door. we live next to each other." she says as he starts to shake his head, a small grin appearing on his lips.

"it's called chivalry , chantelle." he says looking at her. she scoffs and gives him a pointed look.

"anyways, i'll be going now." chantelle says opening the door. he nods, the grin still resting on his lips. liam steps away their hands parting as she walks into her house.

liam walks into his house and up to his bedroom. he glances over to his window, he watches her walk into her brightly lit room. she seems to be perfectly fine but he's knows she's probably freaking out inside.

he chuckles, lightly and watches her smiling to herself. that makes him, slightly happy.

ugh! what has this girl done to me?

he looks away and holds his head in his hands, tiredly. he lets out a short breath and looks up again, now facing his mirror.

can this work?

i haven't actually dated before.

what if i break her heart?

what happens then?

all of these overwhelming thoughts fill his brain. he sighs and lays back on his bed, worn out.

meanwhile, chantelle is busy replaying every moment they shared in her head. she is dazed and still in slight shock.

we kissed twice!

and i loved it.

she rubs her eyes and does her hair up into messy bun. then she carefully changes into her pyjamas and curls up onto her soft bed.

she sighs as she moments of them kissing flash through her clouded mind. she closes her eyes and pulls the covers closer to her. a small content smile appears on her discoloured lips.

i can't believe that just happened.

keira and alisha are having a conversation about what happened at the party.

keira: it's sad that rachel and matt argued.

alisha: i know, they were just
starting to make up.

keira: yeah.

...

keira: hey! why was chantelle so upset?

alisha: i have no idea.

keira: she was just crying and the two of them just vanished after that.

alisha: i know, but i
hope she's okay.

keira: me too.

*ding*

chantelle smiles to herself, weakly as liam's nickname appears on the screen of her brightly lit phone. she opens the message, expectant.

liam: goodnight. 🙊

chantelle: night, liam 🥰

she begins to close her eyes and lets herself drift of into the dark abyss of sleep.

meanwhile, liam is laying in bed his eyes wide open, like an owl awake in the middle of the night.

he can't stop thinking of the way she was crying and sobbing about almost dying. he lets out a shaky breath and squeezes his eyes shut.

i would never treat her like her ex did.

his heart aches at the thought of her sad. but the moments of his lips against chantelle's comfort him, slightly.

he sleeps knowing that she'll be with him tomorrow and maybe even the day after that.