chapter 25.

26th April - sunday

chantelle is walking back from her synchronised swimming lesson. she has her gym bag resting on her right shoulder as she walks onto the lawn.

at that moment, liam's silver benz pulls up into his driving. he steps out as chantelle stares at him, slightly confused. he smiles and holds her waist in his hands pulling her closer.

"where did you go?" chantelle asks interested. she looks down to his lips as he starts to speak.

"i went to the dry cleaners to clean up yesterday's accident." liam mumbles. chantelle smiles before noticing something.

she watches as a small silver ring piercing hangs from the corner of his light pink lips. she touches it and gasps.

"is that a lip piercing?" she asks stunned. chantelle steps back and looks at him, taking him in. liam nods, wearily.

"i've always had it, this is the first time i've worn in a while actually." he says watching as she purses her lips in deep thoughts. "what?"

"this definitely adds to your bad boy agenda." she says moving closer again. he chuckles and bites his lip the piercing moving up with it. she feels her stomach twist and she feels his arms slither around her waist again, providing comfort. he keeps biting his lip, causing the ring on his lips to move. each time it moves chantelle feels herself wanting to kiss him.

she leans forward and kisses his softly, taking liam by surprise. he kisses her back and pulls her closer. the ring makes the kiss feels rough and deepens chantelle's desire to devour him but she pulls away, her brows furrowed.

"i like it." she says her hands on his shoulders, looking up at him. he smiles and licks his lips.

"does it make me look.. sexy?" he asks shifting her body so she's turned around, her back resting on his hard chest as he breathes down her neck.

"you could say that." she whispers. chantelle turns around and a wet stain on his grey t-shirt. she shoots him an apologetic look.

"sorry, wet hair." she says smiling. "i had a lesson today." liam nods, understanding.

"how was it?"

"it was fun."'

"is milan still over at yours?" chantelle asks as she rests her head on liam's shoulder. he hums and purses her lips.

"yes.. if you mean crying every night and creating a mess of my bedroom." he mumbles rubbing his tired, dark eyes. chantelle smirks and sits up so she's looking at him directly.

"how are you going to survive as a father? you can't even cope with living with your baby cousin for a few days." chantelle says a smug look on her face. liam scoffs, at the idea and glances at her, bored.

"well, i'm not planning on becoming a dad anytime soon." he says watching as chantelle's face saddens a little. he grabs her soft, brown hand and kisses her knuckles forcing the sparks to travel through her arm, she smiles at him.

"rachel came up to me on thursday and asked me about our relationship." he says gesturing between the two of them. chantelle purses her lips at that and connects their fingers together so their holding hands.

"did you tell her about mason and what happened?" liam asks looking down at her as she leans against him. chantelle nods. "well, she wasn't happy that i was getting involved in a ex drug taker. but i told her that she shouldn't judge you for that."

"i had told her that morning." chantelle says with a shaky sigh. "she kept pressuring me with questions and she was quite shocked to hear the truth."

"yeah.. so was my mum." liam whispers. chantelle leans up and looks at him with wide eyes full of fear.

"how does she know?" chantelle asks shakily. liam lips twists, slightly and they part in gloom. he scratching his neck.

"rachel told her." he answers simply. chantelle's face falls and she scowls.

"how dare she? she had no fricking right-" she starts before liam entangles their fingers together and holds her hand, firmly. chantelle sighs and looks up at him, wearily.

"she hates me now, doesn't she?" chantelle whispers untangling their fingers and using her hands to cover her face, slowly. liam scoffs.

"uh.. she might hate you, i'm not sure." liam says a sad gleam in his eyes. chantelle groans at that.

"but she was doubting me by saying how it's not going to work because you'll 'hurt' me and she was pretty pissed about the drug thing but she didn't say much." liam says with a light smile. chantelle sighs.

"sometimes i wish i never got involved with that crowd and just stayed away from those types of people.." chantelle says her eyes full of regret and remorse. liam sighs and takes her hands in his.

"but if you didn't, you would have never met me." liam says watching her lips curl up into a small smile. she nods and looks up at him.

"true.." she mumbles unsure. liam smiles and squeezes her hands trying to provide some reassurance.

"liam, what is our relationship?" she asks her voice soft and timid. liam shakes his head, slightly unsure.

"what ever you want it to be."

"simon, isn't milan so cute?" chantelle says as simon walks over to them. milan giggles and waves her hands around at simon and he smiles.

"she is!" he says looking around. he looks back at chantelle wearily and then to milan. "who's is she?"

"uh.. liam's aunt is staying around and it's her baby." she explains as milan blows raspberries into simon's slightly confused face.

"you're not ready to have children yet, right? i mean i'm only seven and i don't want to be an uncle just yet. and mum and dad would kill you if you had a child, so-" simon stops when chantelle throws him a sharp look.

"first of all, where did you get that idea from and second, who cares what mum and dad say?" she says watching simon's frown deepen.

"well.. you and liam are getting pretty close; i just thought you two had done the birds and the bees, so-" he stops again, when she bursts out in laughter. chantelle calls liam over, making milan scream and giggle.

"liam, this kid thinks we had sex!" she whispers to him whilst holding her stomach before she doubles over in laughter. liam sighs with a light chuckle. he takes milan from chantelle and looks over at simon, incredulously.

"simon, trust me when i say we haven't got that far yet." he says winking at him. chantelle stops laughing and looks up at liam.

"a-are you suggesting that you and i will get that far?" she says stuttering as liam's eyes gradually become darker and lustful.

"maybe." he whispers biting his lip the piercing moving along with his teeth, causing chantelle to be embarrassed.

simon clears his throat and coughs, causing liam to snap out of it. simon smiles at milan and sprints over to taylor, attempting to leave the awkward atmosphere.

liam smirks as chantelle looks at him, a quizzical look on her face. liam chuckles and begins to walk away before saying:

"that's one way to escape an awkward situation."