chapter 26.

27th April - monday

group chat

chantelle: people... it's my birthday on saturdayyy!!!!

alisha: really?? omgg. are you going to have a party?

chantelle: i'm not sure.

rachel: if you do decide to have one, can i plan the party?

chantelle: i guess..

james: aw, you and matt are the babies of the group. 😂

chantelle: matt, you were born may too!??!

matt: yeah 27th may

chantelle: yessss, #birthdaybuddies

keira: that was so cringe

chantelle: take that back. because its my birthday week, you've got to be nice to me 😌

keira: ok.. your majesty 😂

chantelle: that's more like it.

chantelle smiles as she sees simon coming down the stairs. chantelle jumps off the chair and swings her backpack over her shoulder.

"are you ready?" she asks him. he nods and they walk through the front door. the cool breeze hits them and chantelle shivers, a happy smile still on her face.

she sees liam and taylor bickering about something. chantelle sighs and rolls her dark brown eyes at the two of them.

"good morning!" she says her voice a little too loud. liam winces and looks at her, confused. she smiles as he places a kiss on her nose making her face heat up slightly.

"what's got you in such a good mood?" he asks as she continues to smile. she shrugs and raises an eyebrow at him, curiously.

"didn't you read the group chat?" she asks blinking, waiting for him to reply. liam sighs and shakes his head.

"no.. i was too busy dealing with a mess that taylor had made in the living room." liam sneers as his little brother shrugs, not caring one bit.

"well.. i was just telling everyone how it's my birthday on saturday!!" chantelle squeals as liam's eyes widen, slowly.

"my baby is going to be seventeen!!" liam says squishing her cheeks. chantelle cringes at the word 'baby' and gives him a pointed look.

"so.. are you going to do something special?" he asks as they walk, slowly. she shakes her head, unsure. "we should go on a special date that day."

she feels her heart warm, slightly at the thought of going on a date with liam. chantelle smiles, happily and nods at the idea.

"where to?" she asks looking up at him. he shrugs and smirks down at her, cheekily.

"i don't know, you'll just have to wait and see."

chantelle walks out of her psychology class, whilst struggling to zip up her backpack. she sighs in frustration and rolls her eyes.

i should get a new bag.

her eyes flicker upwards when a slightly familiar figure walks by. her heart stops in fear and she hides behind the wall and slowly peaks out.